For those of you who stretch out your relaxers...

gottabme247

I'm new to lchf and I'm just wondering when you decided to stretch out your relaxer beyond 8 weeks, what do you do to maintain your ng? Is it ok to press your ng in between touch ups? because I don't see the difference between flat ironing the new growth and/or pressing the ng.

SleepyJean

I do braidouts with Profectiv Growth Lotion. Braidouts work well with hiding your newgrowth, and profectiv ingredients are great. The ingredients are all oils and protein, and no mineral oil! :grin:

Last edited:

Missi

I'm currently 5 weeks post: i have about 1/2 inch of new growth: and blowing out my roots makes it seem like i'm only 1 or 2 weeks post relaxer. So wrapping my hair daily after I blow out my roots: helps me keep my hair lookin presentable instead of while and poofy roots.

andreab

It just may be a matter of finding the right shampoo. I first used DDTA which soften my ng a lot, like nothing else. This line has been discontinued but you can still buy some on the internet last I looked. I should've stocked up when Biglots had them on clearance. One of ours members did some research made some calls and was told by the company that DDTA and Dove are the same. I believe it and one other member uses it as a staple. Can't remember her name and haven’t see her around a lot lately.