22 WEEKS POST =)

lovelyladi

Yay me! :grin:
Okay...you self relaxers who stretch really long how do you go about relaxing? I was getting all excited about how much ng i have and how long i've stretched.I've been considering stretching for another 6months. But i'm nervous, i relax myself and i don't want to over process or over lap b/c of all the ng. And the time it would take to relax. any tips??

Also, does anyone notice a significant difference after a long stretch? Even when you flat iron hair with ng compared to actually relaxing.. is the
re a dif from flat iron and relaxed? Jw.. b/c after flat ironing my hair looked shorter than expected..

Last edited:

SweetCaramel1

i'm not sure how thick your hair is but after a long stretch i go through two jar's of relaxer. and i can never really get all of my new growth straight when i flat iron, unless i run it through 3-4 times. i'm thinking about getting a maxiglide tho.

lovelyladi

Your hair is gorgeous. My hair isn't as thick as yours, && i'm only SL. I may need two jars. I'm glad you mentioned that b/c perhaps i would have started and ran out lol.

~NanCeBoTwin~

Definitly get 2 jars of relaxer, just in case. I began to run out in the middle of relaxing after my very first stretch (33 weeks). Had to send my hubby out while my neice was relaxing my hair. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but the only time I flat ironed during either of my stretches my stylist did it, and the length results were pretty much the same as when I actually relaxed. But again, I didn't flat iron it myself, I would not have gotten it as straight, so I don't know if that makes a difference.