For the ladies that wrap their hair

C

cieramichele

Do you notice that one side of your hair behaves better than the other?
My right side behaves better because I used to wrap it to the right. My baby hairs lay down on that side better and I think my hair is less frizzy on that side with my new growth.

ajoyfuljoy

The side that I wrapped towards for many years seems to be damaged in comparison with the rest of my head.

I'm nursing it back to health so hopefully it will recover, but the hair over there at the scalp is thinner and it doesn't grow as fast but I think that's changing now cuz when I wrap I alternate every night now.

chebaby

i noticed that to because i wrap to the right also but thats only when i press my hair. now that i rollerset it seems both sides lay down the way they should. whats up with that

Jadore_tay

The side that I wrapped towards for many years seems to be damaged in comparison with the rest of my head.

I'm nursing it back to health so hopefully it will recover, but the hair over there at the scalp is thinner and it doesn't grow as fast but I think that's changing now cuz when I wrap I alternate every night now.

omg I WAS JUST LOOKING AT MY HAIR SAYING THE SAME THING. my lfet side is wayy thinner than my right

Shaley

I think I'm going to start doing this - alternate wrapping

drasgrl

Yes and I alternate. It seems like one site always comes out straighter and the other is a little poofy especially if I wrap it wet.

TLC1020

Yes my hair used to do that when I wrapped years ago and that is one of the reasons why I stopped. My right side was always better and the right side was also significantly longer than my left side :nono:. Alternating side didn't work for me either so when I finally did the big chop I haven't wrapped my hair like since. I now crosswrap which is much better where both sides come out straight and smooth.

PrettyBlackHair

Yes my hair used to do that when I wrapped years ago and that is one of the reasons why I stopped. My right side was always better and the right side was also significantly longer than my left side :nono:. Alternating side didn't work for me either so when I finally did the big chop I haven't wrapped my hair like since. I now crosswrap which is much better where both sides come out straight and smooth.

I agree!! Crosswrapping is the way to go!! I even cross wrap when I dry my hair in a wrap after I wash it.

MonPetite

When I was relaxed I cross wrapped, always, and had no problems. Or the damage was at least even on both sides! :lachen:

HappyHairDreams

Same with me, the side I wrapped toward for years is much thinner. I've stopped wraping altogether for the most part...I've wrapped my hair about twice for the year.

How do you crosswrap?

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I think my hairline is damaged from wrapping. One side would always come out jacked up. Cross-wrapping is the way to go:yep:.

kandegirl

I've always wrapped to the right and my left side looks better and its thicker. But I also sleep on my right side too. I rarely wrap but now when I do, I'm trying this alternating sides nightly. My sisters and my niece do it and there hair is thick with no problems.

PrettyBlackHair

Same with me, the side I wrapped toward for years is much thinner. I've stopped wraping altogether for the most part...I've wrapped my hair about twice for the year.

How do you crosswrap?

It is easier to show than to tell but what I do is I divide my hair down the middle in two sections. Then I take the right side and I wrap that towards the back of my head and put a couple bobby pins in to secure it. Then I take the left side and I wrap that towards the back of my head as well and secure it with bobby pins. I then apply my scarf and remove those harmful booby pins. SUPER EASY!!

HappyHairDreams

It is easier to show than to tell but what I do is I divide my hair down the middle in two sections. Then I take the right side and I wrap that towards the back of my head and put a couple bobby pins in to secure it. Then I take the left side and I wrap that towards the back of my head as well and secure it with bobby pins. I then apply my scarf and remove those harmful booby pins. SUPER EASY!!

Thanks! I found some step by step photos

LABETT

I have been wet wrapping my hair for weeks now without any problems and I make sure to baby my ends and hairline.

Tootuff

^^^^^What she said.

Until the BC I always had problems with that side of my head.

Creatividual

Yes and I alternate. It seems like one site always comes out straighter and the other is a little poofy especially if I wrap it wet.

Same here to the bottom. But I only wrap my hair when it's wet. I sleep with it loose at night with a scarf and bonnet.