First Wash-n-Go (pics)

so so chic

Well, I just took my braids out (after only 1 month), and I decided to try a wash-n-go after seeing Pokahonta's review of Noodlehead! My hair was a little crunchy, maybe because I used too much, but overall it was MUCH better than I ever expected. After washing and dc'ing, I did a final rinse with ACV then while my hair was soaking wet in the shower, I put the Noodlehead on and shock my head a few times from left to right. I did not towel dry my hair AT ALL. I just dried off and draped a towel around my shoulders. After getting dressed I left the house, by that time, my hair was not dripping anymore. I got a lot of compliments. The worst part was detangling the next day. I was hoping that it would last a couple days, but it was not happening. My hair was a big poof ball the next morning. I would love if I could wear this style everyday, but I think it would be too much manipulation, and it would definitely be too much work trying to detangle. Besides that, I LOVE Noodlehead, and will definitely use it when doing a wash-n-go. Although, I do want to try some of that Miss Jessies!
The one in the middle was later that day. You can see the shrinkage on the right side! There was also a lot of shrinkage in the nape area.

me4.jpg

me2.jpg

me.jpg

I love that style on you!!!! I would try to flat twist it at night and then when you shower in the morning either take it out prior or spray some water in the morning and take it out. Wash n go's for me are very little manipulation, just co-wash, add my moisturizer seal and my decorative piece and go!!!

You should definitely do this more!!!

I really like it! My wash n go style comes out similar but I hate after it starts shrinking. I don't know what I'm gonna do about that. I do understand what you mean about the tangles. Mine are fierce afterwards. You did a great job!

Wow, your wash and go looks really nice!!:clapping: My washn go went poofy after it dried completely too. Still though I think I'll have to try it again sometime.

-A

Chic, your hair looks GREAT! I would be doing the wash and go style more often if my hair looked as good as yours. Thanks for sharing.

Something that helps with 2nd day washngo's is to tie a mens durag around your head (fasten a knot at the top and tuck the loose ends so you don't gotta be tangling up your hair at the back trying to tie the knot back there). Let the hanging part hang over your hair...then take a hair elastic and wrap it over the satin part of the durag OVER your hair... Then kinda halfway pull the ponytail through so it's a folded over ponytail.

Then in the mornings, just spray with some leave in or water to reactivate your gel or mousse and kinda shake it out.

Sometimes I can get 3 days out of washngo's if I do this. Maybe a 4th day, but I'll definately be wearing a scarf with it, lol.

Thanks everybody!!!

Blackoutzangel05: I would love to do the flat twists, but the only problem is I don't know how!

Something that helps with 2nd day washngo's is to tie a mens durag around your head (fasten a knot at the top and tuck the loose ends so you don't gotta be tangling up your hair at the back trying to tie the knot back there). Let the hanging part hang over your hair...then take a hair elastic and wrap it over the satin part of the durag OVER your hair... Then kinda halfway pull the ponytail through so it's a folded over ponytail.

Then in the mornings, just spray with some leave in or water to reactivate your gel or mousse and kinda shake it out.

Sometimes I can get 3 days out of washngo's if I do this. Maybe a 4th day, but I'll definately be wearing a scarf with it, lol.

Thanks, I will try this next week :yep:.

Thanks everybody!!!

Blackoutzangel05: I would love to do the flat twists, but the only problem is I don't know how!

Me either. I think I'm lost when people do "twistouts" Sistaslick has pics of her twistout in her fotki. The result is amazing. Are these flat twists? I was thinking to do a twistout you just plait the hair (like when you were a kid) then put in bantu knots but I don't know :perplexed Sorry for jacking this wash n go thread with a twistout ????

ETA: Your wash n go looks really good. Definitely a keeper :yep:

Oooohhh, cuuuute! I like that. Glad you liked the Noodlehead. It can be a bit of a crunchy hold if you use a lot like I do but I find it wears off after a while and even more so if you put some oil on your hair after it dries. This really helps.

My hair shrinks more on one side too *grrr*. I wonder why is that. I'm always pulling and tugging at it like that's gonna help.

Awwww :blush:!!! Thank all of you soooo much. I'm happy to be getting great feedback about this style, because I really want to wear it more often, if I can get the detangling issue under control, which is already getting better. I've realized that I really don't mind cw'ing my hair daily and doing the wng. As long as I don't get too much shedding and breakage, I'm good, especially through the summer :grin:.

Pokahontas - I will definitely try the oil today. I was pulling on the back of my hair all day thinking that would get it to straighten out some! That's after it was dry of course!!! Right after I put the Noodlehead in, I am constantly telling myself..."Don't touch it...Don't touch it...Don't touch it!!!" But it is soooooooo tempting to want to play in it!

Your wash n Go is beautiful! It suits you so well.
For the tangles in the morning try co-washing and detangling under the pressure of the water.

Thanks, I will try this next week :yep:.

I'm going to try this too. My hair can't fit in the scarf when I try to do this.

Back