Fine Haired Ladies Who Texlax

Sunshine0801

How long do you leave on your relaxer when texlaxing?

I plan to texlax my virgin hair soon, and have learned that many women on here leave their relaxer on for 5-10 minutes. I would like to know if those with fine hair tend to leave their relaxers on for less time.

TIA! :)

vnaps

to be honest i wouldne be able to apply the relaxer in that time.
i applaud all those ladies who can.
i try to apply as fast as i can and smooth once (no comb). it still comes out underprocessed.

niva

This is a very good question. Try the Texlax support thread, you may find the answer there!

MonaRae

I use Design Essentials "Special" which was designed to slowly relax the hair. Last time I used it (about 10 weeks ago) I left it on for about 20 minutes and my hair was perfectly texlaxed!

With other relaxer I would go no longer than 12 minutes, 15 and I am straighter than I wanted.

pri

W/ the whole process from applying to smoothing etc.. takes me 13 minutes and it comes out w/ a nice texlax...

Sunshine0801

Thanks for the responses ladies. :)

I plan to divide my hair into four or five sections and texlax each section for about 10 minutes. Hopefully that's enough time. I don't want to be so underprocessed that my hair doesn't look much different than it does now...

PearlyCurly

I know of a natural who is now texlaxed and she had someone do each section, one at a time, apply the "relaxer", leave on for a few minutes, then rinse! Seems like a lot of work but i think it would turn out good:yep:

*Michelle*

From the beginning of the application to rinse, it takes me 7-8 mins max. I apply it with a tint brush and never smooth.

I think you should review the texlaxers support thread too. Good luck!

SelfStyled

to be honest i wouldne be able to apply the relaxer in that time.
i applaud all those ladies who can.
i try to apply as fast as i can and smooth once (no comb). it still comes out underprocessed.

Pretty much what she said.....my hair is very resistant. I use Affirm Reg, it takes me 10 min to apply, I smooth for 10 min with my fingers, and the result is texlaxed hair that still has texture but will straighten easily with heat.

AtlantaJJ

Pretty much what she said.....my hair is very resistant. I use Affirm Reg, it takes me 10 min to apply, I smooth for 10 min with my fingers, and the result is texlaxed hair that still has texture but will straighten easily with heat.
Your hair looks great girl!! Beautiful ! :grin:

Ivonnovi

My textlax process takes me about 15 minutes. Application to showering it out. I use a wide tooth comb to comb the relaxer through my hair and try to avoid smoothing. AND my edges get minimal exposure to the product, so they are always "curly".
I "learnt" all this from this forum.:grin:

AtlantaJJ

:arrowup: Curly edges is better than no edges ! LOL I just discovered how well pure aloe gel helps to lay my edges down!!