DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing a mild protein treatment w/Mendex, DC'd w/a mixture of Nutrine Garlic (unscented) and Jessicurl WDT. I fell asleep so I had to rinse this morning and go out in -4 weather :look: The combo of the Mendex then the Garlic cond and Jessicurl let my hair completely detangled and breakage/shed free. I think I lost 3 hairs this morning. LOVE!

BTW, I bunned, put on a scarf, my hat on top of it AND my hood so I didn't freeze to death w/a wet head :lachen:

I've been so busy, that i have not conditioned since Sunday. Buuuut, I'm under the dryer now...deep con on wet hair for 30 minutes with Hairveda's SitriNillah Conditioner. Well deep con again on Saturday with my wash.

After doing a mild protein treatment w/Mendex, DC'd w/a mixture of Nutrine Garlic (unscented) and Jessicurl WDT. I fell asleep so I had to rinse this morning and go out in -4 weather :look: The combo of the Mendex then the Garlic cond and Jessicurl let my hair completely detangled and breakage/shed free. I think I lost 3 hairs this morning. LOVE!

BTW, I bunned, put on a scarf, my hat on top of it AND my hood so I didn't freeze to death w/a wet head :lachen:

Whoa Eisani:lachen:!

Would one of you ladies who do the mega tek dc treatment explain to me how you do it? Do you do it the same way you DC with anything else straight up? Do you use heat? Do you mix with anything else? I just started using MT last night on my scalp alone. What are the benefits of DCing with it? I see a lot of people on here are very much against it touching anything but their scalp. Thanks.

When I do it I apply to entire hair length and then I cover w/ a plastic cap.
I use heat or not.
I usually do 5-20 either way though--just depends on my hair and my mood :lol:
I personally try and keep everything simple--so I don't add anything to the MT.
It is a protein---so I use it as a protein treatment to strengthen my hair. After, I ALWAYS DC w/ a moisture conditioner. Then, during the week I apply to my scalp ONLY.

HTH!

ETA: It is not my only protein--I also use Apog. 2 min, or Motions CPR or Emergencee for a hardcore treatment. But since I am using it for growth on my scalp--I decided to try this exclusively for awhile and take note of the results. :yep:

Would one of you ladies who do the mega tek dc treatment explain to me how you do it? Do you do it the same way you DC with anything else straight up? Do you use heat? Do you mix with anything else? I just started using MT last night on my scalp alone. What are the benefits of DCing with it? I see a lot of people on here are very much against it touching anything but their scalp. Thanks.

Last edited:
When I do it I apply to entire hair length and then I cover w/ a plastic cap.
I use heat or not.
I usually do 5-20 either way though--just depends on my hair and my mood :lol:
I personally try and keep everything simple--so I don't add anything to the MT.
It is a protein---so I use it as a protein treatment to strengthen my hair. After, I ALWAYS DC w/ a moisture conditioner. Then, during the week I apply to my scalp ONLY.

HTH!

ETA: It is not my only protein--I also use Apog. 2 min, or Motions CPR or Emergencee for a hardcore treatment. But since I am using it for growth on my scalp--I decided to try this exclusively for awhile and take note of the results. :yep:

Thanks VERY helpful! Last questions....how often do you MT DC? So you consider it to be a "milder" protein? I use Nexxus Emergencee and Aphogee 2 min as well. I just started using Joico K-Pak too, I was just trying to figure out where on the protein scale MT would fall. I was thinking the higher end but I must be incorrect.

For me it is a mild/moderate one---milder than Emergencee but stronger than Motions CPR (*I think I might be done with using that one too:ohwell:*)

My hair is thick but w/ fine strands so I am working harder at keeping them strong. So, I have been using a mild protein just about every time I wash & DC which is twice a week. Once I found the balance of protein w/ moisture my hair is in LOVE :woot: Just listen to your hair and you'll find out what protein and how much it likes/needs :yep:

So, yeah--I use protein and moisture every wash (I was longwinded :lol:)

Thanks VERY helpful! Last questions....how often do you MT DC? So you consider it to be a "milder" protein? I use Nexxus Emergencee and Aphogee 2 min as well. I just started using Joico K-Pak too, I was just trying to figure out where on the protein scale MT would fall. I was thinking the higher end but I must be incorrect.

I did my DC yesterday, although I'm not especially pleased. I tried a sample of PhytoCitrus shampoo and condish for color treated hair. Didn't leave me nicely moisturized like my regular products.

I was a bit tired yesterday, so I'm dc'ing tonight. Currently have CB Smoothe 6-n-1 Reconstructor Creme on my hair. I'll leave it on for 45 min w/o heat.

Next dc will be Sa or Su.

Is it to late to join?
Oh no, absolutely not too late. i will add you i now and welcome to the challenge Patricia. It's good to have you. Do you have a starting pic you can post? Let us know which DCs you'll be using as well - protein and moisture-based ones, okay?

Oh no, absolutely not too late. i will add you i now and welcome to the challenge Patricia. It's good to have you. Do you have a starting pic you can post? Let us know which DCs you'll be using as well - protein and moisture-based ones, okay?
OK THANKS, LET ME GRAB A PIC. I WILL BE USING MANE AND TAIL FOR MOISTURE, DUOTEX OR GVP/JOICO KPAC FOR PROTEIN. WILL UPDATE IF I USE MORE PRODUCTS. MY STAPLES ARE IN MY SIGGY. OFF TO FIND A STARTING PIC:grin:

OK I'M HOPING FOR A LOT OF THICKNESS AND LENGTH WITH THIS CHALLENGE:yep:

Attachments

• PC220216.jpg
    PC220216.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 8
last night
1.prepoo(olive oil)
2.clarify(sauve)
3.wash(aphogee)
4.Nexxus Emergencee
5.dc(Neutrogena hair mask)
6. moist and seal

DC with Cathy Howse Protein for 20 min and Keracare Dry Itchy Moisturizer for 20 Min. Scalp felt great..afterwards..but what do you think Aggie? Next time I was just going to condition on dry hair with Lekair for like 30 minutes or use my Alter Ego rebalance..idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back