DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imma do another DC today. May do protein this time using LeKair and some type of oil IDK. Will be using the LeKair for sho though.

Actually, its more strengthening than moisturizing. I am 10 weeks post my last relaxer and I pre-pooed with it because I needed the extra strengthening properties of it for my demarcation line. I did not lose much hair at all in the comb and I just took down my extension braids too.

I will continue to pre-poo with this mixture when I stretch my relaxers from now on - at least starting from the 4th week post. My hair felt really strong today after my DC. I put some Giovanni Direct leave in conditioner and my hair turned nice and soft almost immediately. After it was dry, I put in some UBH moisturizing lotion, results....softer, more manageable hair. My new growth is pretty thick right now so I know I will have to be moisturizing it like crazy until I relax on February 8th:yep:.

As far as the molasses is concerned, you can try adding it to your conditioner with some oils and use it as a pre-poo.
Ok so can I add it to LeKair Plus? Im am not a good pre-pooer...

Last edited:
Weekly Check-In:

This past Sunday I applied my AO Honeysuckle Rose to dry hair and let it condition my hair overnight. Even though the bottle suggested that I shampoo the conditioner out and then re-condition with a rinse-out conditioner, the next morning I rinsed it out using only water and went to work. My hair felt really coated and weighed down and when I came home from work Monday evening I shampooed my hair with my Giovanni Golden Wheat shampoo and conditioned with my Giovanni Smooth as Silk and my hair felt really good. Today I pre-pood my hair with AO GPB on dry hair for fifteen minutes, then I followed with my washing routine. Then I blotted my hair dry and applied my AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and am DC'ing with heat for 30 minutes.

Sidenote: I am definitely noticing an improvement in my hair with the more frequent DC'ings. It feels much stronger, but at the same time softer and it looks shinier :yep:.

Checking in:

I just DC with ORS and Ojon. I pre-poo'd with Dr. Brooner's Peppermint Castile Soap. I left the DC on for 20 min. under the dryer before rinsing out. My hair feels so much better now!!!

Hello Ladies!

I conditioned today with Aphpgee 2 Minute Reconstructor. I then deep conditioned with Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Hair Conditioner with heat for 30 minutes. My hair feels great!

Are there any lo or no pooers here? What are you using, and how has it been working for you? Also is the ORS Pak the same as the bottle?

I'm a no pooer. If you mean what do I use to cleanse my hair/scalp, then I use suave, VO5, Hair One, and when I can afford it Diva Curl No Poo. They work very well; my hair is soft, moist and healthy. To the best of my knowledge, the ORS Pak and bottle are the same. HTH

:thud: I'm sick. My head hurts. I'm tired. I might do an overnight DC, since I'm in twists - if I get in a DC at all.

Feel better soon sweetie. Here's some {{{ chicken soup }}} I hope it helps.

Are there any lo or no pooers here? What are you using, and how has it been working for you? Also is the ORS Pak the same as the bottle?

lo-pooer here! I rarely ever shampoo my hair. The only times that I do is when I DC on dry hair (to get rid of the build-up) or to get rid of the cones from the heat protectant I use after I flat-iron my hair. And I don't use sulfate shampoos. I use giovanni shampoos because they are sulfate free. Most of the time I co-wash my hair using my giovanni smooth as silk and then follow up with my DC.

tonight when i get home i am going to deep condition for 30 minutes without heat with AO GPB. then im going to do an oil rinse with vatika oil, then shampoo one lather with carols daughter black vanilla shampoo, then im going to deep condition for no less than 30 minutes with ORS replenishing conditioner.

Ok so can I add it to LeKair Plus? Im am not a good pre-pooer...
Yes but not too much of it as it can be very strengthening and Lekair Cholesterol to my understanding is also a protein conditioner and I don't want you to end up with hard undesirable hair. If you do add it to your Lekair Cholesterol then you would have to really deep condition for about 45 minutes to an hour to get the suppleness back in your hair with a moisturizing deep conditioner. If I added it to any conditioner, it would be to a cheapie conditioner like Suave or v05 and still follow it up with a moisturizing DC.

help me to understand something though, is it the conditioner or the molasses you're trying to use up? If it's the molasses then you could just add it to your tea or coffee for the internal benefits or simply drink 2 Tbs 3 times a day.

Weekly Check-In:

This past Sunday I applied my AO Honeysuckle Rose to dry hair and let it condition my hair overnight. Even though the bottle suggested that I shampoo the conditioner out and then re-condition with a rinse-out conditioner, the next morning I rinsed it out using only water and went to work. My hair felt really coated and weighed down and when I came home from work Monday evening I shampooed my hair with my Giovanni Golden Wheat shampoo and conditioned with my Giovanni Smooth as Silk and my hair felt really good. Today I pre-pood my hair with AO GPB on dry hair for fifteen minutes, then I followed with my washing routine. Then I blotted my hair dry and applied my AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and am DC'ing with heat for 30 minutes.

Sidenote: I am definitely noticing an improvement in my hair with the more frequent DC'ings. It feels much stronger, but at the same time softer and it looks shinier :yep:.

Yeah I agree, that AO HSR is very very thick and will weigh down fine hair like yours and mine if left on too long. Thanks for sharing.

Ok I have had my DC on my head for an hour now. Its LeKairs Plus, Vatika, EVOO, Castro Oil, and Molasses

Yes but not too much of it as it can be very strengthening and Lekair Cholesterol to my understanding is also a protein conditioner and I don't want you to end up with hard undesirable hair. If you do add it to your Lekair Cholesterol then you would have to really deep condition for about 45 minutes to an hour to get the suppleness back in your hair with a moisturizing deep conditioner. If I added it to any conditioner, it would be to a cheapie conditioner like Suave or v05 and still follow it up with a moisturizing DC.

help me to understand something though, is it the conditioner or the molasses you're trying to use up? If it's the molasses then you could just add it to your tea or coffee for the internal benefits or simply drink 2 Tbs 3 times a day.
Man I am sitting with on my head now LOL. I am trying to use up the molasses. Imma add some CON purple to my hair and let that sit for a while. Should that help?

I DCed with joico k pak. I meant to only do it for 30 mins with shower cap but i made the mistake of lying down and needless to say 2 hours later was when it was being washed out! That was my first time using joico k-pak so i'll see what happens....

Man I am sitting with on my head now LOL. I am trying to use up the molasses. Imma add some CON purple to my hair and let that sit for a while. Should that help?

This is a moisturizing conditioner so it's perfect to use with the molasses.

This is a moisturizing conditioner so it's perfect to use with the molasses.
I mean should my hair be fine if I use this after. See I already had that LeKair with the molasses on my head when you responded and said it was not a good idea. So now I have the CON purple on to give some life back, should I be good?:look:

Where did you order?

paynesbeautysupply-salon_2036_54792940

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/kchucrco5lbb.html

Yeah, I heard it has a thicker consistency than the one in the bottle. That's good for me because I am heavy handed and I may not have to use as much as I usually do.
Yea so I heard too. Imma see how I like my lil bottle and then I might get the bigger one once the small one is gone.

I mean should my hair be fine if I use this after. See I already had that LeKair with the molasses on my head when you responded and said it was not a good idea. So now I have the CON purple on to give some life back, should I be good?:look:

Oh absolutely, this is great, as long as you follow it up with a moisturizing DC, you should be fine.

This morning I did a 15 minute protein conditioning treatment without heat with a combination of Mizani Fulfyl and Elucence Moisture Extend conditioner and now I'm DCing with Elucence MB conditioner mixed with some Biolage Hydratherapie Cera-Repair treatment for 45 minutes. hair is still nice and strong...my hair is loving the extra protein especially because I am 11 weeks post my last relaxer. No unusual demarcation breakage. Love it:drunk:!!!

Question Ya'll:

I'll be using Nexus Emergencee later today. Do you think it's ok to follow up with the following DC mix: Queen Helene's Cholesterol & AO Honeysuckle Rose & EVOO? :perplexed

THOUGHTS?? THX!!!!

This me with conditioner drenched soaked saturated hair getting ready for the heat cap. I am using this as my starting pic too.

I am going to do this every week with heating cap for an hour. I am going to use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and whatever else comes my way. ;)

TQ

Attachments

• conditionerhaira.jpg
    conditionerhaira.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3
Question Ya'll:

I'll be using Nexus Emergencee later today. Do you think it's ok to follow up with the following DC mix: Queen Helene's Cholesterol & AO Honeysuckle Rose & EVOO? :perplexed

THOUGHTS?? THX!!!!

I'd follow up the Nexxus Emergencee with the AO HSR and EVOO, not the QH cholesterol as it might leave your hair a little hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back