Does your hair seem alot longer after you relax it?

Qualitee

:look: If you stretch for a long time and you flat iron your hair bone straight to see your length. Lets say you noticed you gained about 2 inches of NG. After a week ,you relax and you notice your hair additional longer (1 inch or so) than what you noticed from when you flat ironed. Is it just me?:look:

Last edited:
:look: If you stretch for a long time and you flat iron your hair bone straight to see your length. Lets say you noticed you gained about 2 inches of NG. After a week ,you relax and you notice your hair additional longer (1 inch or so) than what you noticed from when you flat ironed. Is it just me?:look:
Nope. You're not the only one. I'm not going to come in here with a scientific answer for it. I do think it is cool though. IME my flatironing doesn't get it all the way straight like 'laxing does.

I find that to be true. There is no way I can ever get my 4-8 weeks post roots completely straight.

But I agree with you.

I notice this as well. I once pressed my hair and then relaxed it about 2 weeks later, and my hair seemed much longer than when it was flat-ironed, and the person flat-ironed my hair VERY straight. My hair seemed longer after relaxing it than with the press, and ironically I can never get my relaxers to make my hair bone straight, lol.

Yes his happens to me also. For longest time I thought my hair slowed down in growth so I extended my short term goal to January. I finally relaxed a week ago after almost five months. I swear I jumped for joy! My hair looked an inch longer. My NG had so much shrinkage I couldn't really see all of my progress.

This happened during my last relaxer/3 month stretch. As a result my mom did not realize how much length I had because i have hella shrinkage. I'm due for a corrective next weekend since she did not smooth everything out properly.

Heat isn't going to achieve the straightness results that chemicals do, primarily because heat isn't permanent. The bonds in the hair aren't altered enough. Close, but not all the way. That's probably a good thing, because if it did, naturals would have more problems reverting after using heat.

I noticed the same thing and I don't relax bone straight. It seems a lot longer than flat ironed ng.

This is definitely true for me. My hair is longer with a texlax as opposed to flatironing.

ITA with this...I'm dealing with this now with my ng since mid October. I'm trying to hold out until the week before Christmas..getting tired of using my flatiron for my roots..:look: and I've been doing twist outs as well to get a break from the heat.

Back