Does anyone use velcro rollers?

ashleighcarlene

Hello, I am a newbie and wanted to know if anyone uses velcro rollers to rollerset their hair. (relaxed) If so, does it come out just as good as using magnetic rollers, and do you experience any tangling or breakage?

PerfectDoak said:
I tried velcro rollers once years ago. They ripped my hair out when I was unrolling them.

Yea they literally do. They did the same thing to my haira few years back:mad:

Thanks for the response ladies! A co worker of mine always has this beautiful rollerset. She is caucasian but has the most coarse hair I have ever seen on a white person, so I figured mine could come out like hers too!! She says see uses the velcros on wet hair, then airdrys overnight. The result...beautiful, bouncy, shiny curls....I bought some velcros, but they look like they will just tear my hair right out. ouch!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It tore my hair up. Now, I use satin covered foam rollers. It really helps to extend my roller sets. I just get the large foam rollers not the little ones.

I use jet set grip ones that are sort of like velcros. The trick is to not pull them out like you would with smooth magnetic rollers, and not to let your hair touch the edges of the roller while rolling your hair on (that results in horrible tangling). I read that tip on here and when I tried rollersetting with them 2 weeks ago it worked great!

I ditto what Tropicexotic said. I used jetset and not only was it by far the fastest for setting, but dry time was much faster.

Magnetic rollers are tedious to me and my back kills me by the time I get my whole head done. Of course it takes forever for my hair to dry. I never really mastered the whole magnetic rollersetting thing.

With jetset, it took me all of 10 minutes to get them in and my hair was dry in 35 minutes (which for me is unheard of). You have to remember to take them out the way you put them in - don't pull them out like you would magnetics. And also don't get your hair in the very ends of the rollers or you will have breakage.

Thanks to jetset, I'm excited about rollersetting again.

Back