Do you pre-poo?

Plenty

Ladies that pre-poo what are the benefits? Are there any ladies who have healthy how don't pre-poo?

Help a sista:confused:

Aslo if you do, what are you usual treatments to the hair before a shampoo?

TIA

I do sometimes, but it is not a big-deal to me.

I do hot oils sometimes. I use GPB 1st and leave it on for about 20 min. before shampooing sometimes. Sometimes, I just use a conditioner that I am trying to get rid of.

I just do it as part of my hair care rotation. It seems to work because my hair NEVER gets dry anymore.

I used to put lots of moisturizer on my hair. Now I don't have to, as much.

But, I think pre-treatments are only part of the equation for me.

Yes, i do.

My natural hair is dry so i apply castor oil to it (scalp/ends) and put a thin plastic cap on and go to bed or i place it on the day of pooing, apply the thin plastic cap and sit under the dryer for half an hour.

It makes my hair softer, more moisturized and shinier and it also aids in hair growth too.

I pre poo as much as I can. I use a mix of Coconut milk, honey, EVOO, Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner and some Dove Intensive Moisture. I slap it on and sit under a dryer for about an hr-if I can stand it.

I pre-poo if I have time, but I'm not consistent with it.

When I do, I notice that my hair is a lot more detangled & moist before I even apply conditioner.

My hair was healthy before I started pre-pooing, but I like the way my hair looks and feels after pre-pooing.

I usually use DDGB (DDTA) + jojoba oil on dry hair w/ a plastic cap for 30 min. to an hour.

When I'm not feeling lazy I do..lol

I always add different things..this is what I used a few days ago:

• whatever condtioner I'm feeling at the moment --MNT conditoner
  • EVOO
  • Lekair or Queen Helene Cholesterol
  • Few squirts of honey
  • Few drops of pepermint oil (I LOVE the tingly feeling) :grin:

Mix it all together in a bowl and heat in microwave for a few seconds..slather it on my scalp and hair (I usually use a brush thats used to apply relaxers). Put on a plastic cap and walk around the house all day until I decide to wash it out.

It definately makes my hair feel softer though but I haven't been consistent.

I won't lie. No I don't because buy the time I remember or thought about I was already shampooing my hair, however, I do every blue moon do a hot oil treatment.

I do when I have time and remember. I use coconut milk straight from the can -- saturate hair with coco milk, do not rinse, add 'poo on top of coco milk, work thru hair, rinse thoroughly, then condish.

Prepoo is not an essential part of regimen, it is an extra treat when I want extra extra moisture . . .

I do and I love it. Lately I have been using Suave Awapuhi mixed with EVOO on dry hair. I leave it on as long as possible and let it soak in. When I shampoo with NTM, I don't even want to condition because my hair feels that good.

I did not pre poo because I thout that is was silly if you did not use poo in the first place. I found out that you need one if what you use is damaging to your hair. It still works on your hair good enough but you need a little protection from it. I use baking soda to clarify and I now use a condish that my hair likes before I use it. I use vinegar to regular wash and I don't need anything pre. It does good by itself does not make my hair hard or dry like the baking soda. I don't want to give up the baking soda because it works.

Just learned how to do a simple olive oil prepoo from LeobodyC5 on YouTube. This one seems to be working for me, unlike the mixed oil/conditioner combos I've used in the past.

Yes I have to prepoo for dandruff and protein treatments:

- Prepoo (alternate the two)
Protein:
Moisturizing conditioner and an egg for 20 mins

Moisture:
For dirty and itchy scalp.....
1 cup Keracare conditioner for color-treated hair
Two tablespoons each.....
EVOO (treatment for damaged, dry hair, superior penetrating power)
Tea tree oil (antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal)
Peppermint oil (promotes hair growth)
Sleep in overnight
-or-
Apply Nexxus humectin and EVOO and sleep in it overnight

I do. I've noticed when i get lazy and don't use something, my hair is dryer. I still use sulfate shampoo and I have to protect my ends from drying out. Most of the time I use GBP or any oil I have around the house

Yes I prepoo. I do a hot oil treatment with coconut and castor oil. I have the coconut and castor oils mixed with water in a spray bottle. I spray the oils on my scalp, comb thru, then cover with a plastic cap for 45 minutes to an hour. I don't sit under a hair dryer. I just let my natural body heat do it. After 45minutes or an hour I rinse out.

I am 32 weeks post relaxer and the hot oil treatment makes my new growth super soft and manageable. I prepoo once a week on my wash days.

Back