Do you pre-poo

Leslie_C

I only recently started doing it and dont think it is a requirement...more like a bonus. And I think if u are using a deep conditioner it can be used in place of deep conditioning after your wash instead of in addition to it.

Cichelle

The only thing I will do sometimes is put oil on my hair before I use shampoo. But for the longest time, I never did any sort pre-shampoo treatment and I don't always do it now. I just found that putting oil on my hair keeps it from getting stripped when I do use shampoo, which I try to keep at a minimum.

gradygirl

No I dont. I do a deep condition treatment on dry hair before I wash so I dont really see the need for it. I try to keep my routine simple and when I was doing it I really did not see any difference in my hair.

KiSseS03

I only recently started doing it and dont think it is a requirement...more like a bonus. And I think if u are using a deep conditioner it can be used in place of deep conditioning after your wash instead of in addition to it.
Agreed, I only do it now on days I don't feel like jumping in and out of the shower to shampoo then DC.

glamazon386

No I dont. I do a deep condition treatment on dry hair before I wash so I dont really see the need for it. I try to keep my routine simple and when I was doing it I really did not see any difference in my hair.

That's exactly what a pre poo is. :look:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Thanks for all the replies...I was looking at some old pics and noticed that when I was younger my mom would wash my hair once a week and then air-dry in ponytails. I had the longest thickest hair back then. All she did was wash it and then cond. for about 5 min. I've managed to cut my products down to 4 so for now I'm gonna cut out pre-pooing and take it ole school. My hair is in good shape right now so hopefully nothing will change but my reg. will be super simple.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I started doing it about a month ago. I put coconut oil on the night before I wash. It's working well. My hair loves it. I'm glad I started doing it.

gradygirl

That's exactly what a pre poo is. :look:

I do not really consider it as a pre poo the way others describe theirs. I just do my conditioning under the dryer before I wash so I dont have to keep getting in and out of the shower. I dont condition again after I shampoo.

Last edited:

tbaby_8

I just recently started doing it. I don't do it everytime either. I can be lazy at times. My hair was a little softer this time around. I will be trying to incorporate this into my regimen.:grin:

nicki6

Yes...especially once I'm more than a month post relaxer. My current fav is a Dominician one called Apretadora. It totally detangles anf softens my new growth.

My hair tangles badly once I haven't combed it for 2 or more days and my wash/cond turn out better if I prepoo.