Deep Conditioner For Dry Hair?

yodie

Hi Ladies.

I haven't kept up with the hair forum in a long time, so I'm out of the loop on what does/doesn't work. Need a few suggestions please. I work out a lot and my hair tends to get dry during the week. I'd like to use a deep conditioner (or something) on my dry hair before I wash, to add moisture, deep conditioning, make the process easier. Any ideas? I'm not looking to use coconut oil or other oils unless it's something that just knocks me off my feet. I remember Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose was a good deep condish on dry hair, but that seems to be out of circulation.

Any suggestions?

yodie

@Saludable84, I tried honey many years ago. Not even sure what it did, but I didn't like the rinse out process. Maybe I'll try it on my edges to see what it felt like. Thanks.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Keracare Humecto
Mizani Moisturefuze
Hello Hydration
Aussie Moist
Kerastase Masquintense
Moroccan Oil mask
Silk Elements Mega Moisture treatment
Neutrogena Triple Moisture mask

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
Some of my favorites

Moroccanoil brand
Obliphica
Pravana Nevo
L'Anza Healing Moisture
Kera Minerals by Silk Elements (has protein in it)
GVP for Nexxus Humectress
Theraneem
Bobeam calming conditioner
Nurcreations lemongrass moisturizing

YvetteWithJoy

On break
1. Masquintense/Chroma Riche
2. Keracare Humecto
3. Moroccan Oil
4. Silk Elements Mega Moisture
5. Mizani Moisturefuze
6. Hello Hydration
7. Neutrogena Triple Moisture
8. Aussie Moist

Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist double as a leave in when I add aloe vera juice. I haven't tried that with the others.

You rock!

Thank you!

ETA: I'm impressed that Silk Elements Mega Moisture ranks so well. That price is NIIIIIIIICE! Especially compared to some of the others!

yodie

@Prettymetty, do you use this on dry, unwashed, dirty hair? I don't put a lot of anything on my hair, so I def want to try this again. I remember back in the day Ojon made a product that looked like mud and smelled like nuts. I loved it.

Thanks ladies

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty, do you use this on dry, unwashed, dirty hair? I don't put a lot of anything on my hair, so I def want to try this again. I remember back in the day Ojon made a product that looked like mud and smelled like nuts. I loved it.

Thanks ladies
I always do moisturizing dcs on clean hair and cover my head with a plastic bag for > 20 minutes. In my opinion the moisture penetrates better on clean hair.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Thanks ladies

I know you didn't ask me, and please forgive me, but one of those trustworthy, science-y hair blogs advises NOT TO DC DIRTY hair. DCing is about penetrating the strands. You don't want to drive undesirables under your hairs' cuticles. Please check behind me. I think the blog was either the Natural Haven Bloom blog or the Science-y Hair blog.

gorgeoushair

I know you didn't ask me, and please forgive me, but one of those trustworthy, science-y hair blogs advises NOT TO DC DIRTY hair. DCing is about penetrating the strands. You don't want to drive undesirables under your hairs' cuticles. Please check behind me. I think the blog was either the Natural Haven Bloom blog or the Science-y Hair blog.

This is why I rarely DC on dry hair. I only do it if I don't have any build up and want cut some time out of my wash day. I don't see how a DC can penetrate if you have build up on your hair or if your hair is already fully moisturized. I am interested in the is blog post you speak of.

YvetteWithJoy

On break