Cones that dissolve in water

sassyhair

Can someone list them? I got a lil paranoid after reading the other post about cones. Most of my products have dimethicone in it. I was thinking if I wash with a shampoo that has dimethicone and then try to deep condition the conditioner will be pointless because it wont be able to penetrate into my hair shaft.

someone enlighten me please! Thanks!

I found this on Longhaircommunity.com in reference to a post on Naturallycurly.com (isn't that confusing?) :D

Here's a list from naturallycurly.com. The water soluble 'cones are less likely to build up:

Amodimethicone..........not soluble in water by itself
Amodimethicone (and) Trideceth-12 (and) Cetrimonium Chloride..........mixture that is soluble in water in the bottle
Behenoxy Dimethicone..........Sparingly soluble in water
Cetearyl methicone..........not soluble in water
Cetyl Dimethicone..........not soluble in water
Cyclomethicone..........not soluble in water
Cyclopentasiloxane..........not soluble in water
Dimethicone..........not soluble in water
Dimethicone Copolyol..........water soluble
Dimethicone copolyol..........water soluble
Dimethiconol..........not soluble in water
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane..........water soluble
Stearoxy Dimethicone..........Sparingly soluble in water
Stearyl Dimethicone..........not soluble in water
Trimethylsilylamodimethicone..........not soluble in water
Lauryl methicone copolyol..........water soluble

Wow, looks like I gotta stay away from dimethicones in Conditioners....All it does is coat....:ohwell:

*ElleB said:
Wow, looks like I gotta stay away from dimethicones in Conditioners....All it does is coat....:ohwell:

If you use sulfate poos then you're good. I actually don't mind a little coneage from time to time.

curlilocs said:
If you use sulfate poos then you're good. I actually don't mind a little coneage from time to time.

Exactly. If you use sulfate shampoos, then you probably need not worry about silicones--the sulfates remove silicones and most other products.

I am pretty much on the CG routine, hence why I stay with only water soluable silicones or no cones at all. I also don't often use products with heavy ingredients that are difficult to remove. I do poo occasionally, but I use sulfate free shampoos when I do.

What if the shampoo has dimethicone in it too? Which was my post question.

The shampoo will coat the hair b4 I even get to the conditioner.

sassyhair said:
What if the shampoo has dimethicone in it too? Which was my post question.

The shampoo will coat the hair b4 I even get to the conditioner.
Bumping for the response to this question...
I would like to know too...My NTM shampoo contains quite a few cones in them as well.

Back