Cone-Free Daily Moisture Products

Smiley79

Would you all be so kind as to share a list of cone-free products ( I saw a list of conditioners but I'm talking about daily moisturizers) that I can use for my daily moisture? I have used Elast QP Mango, Profective, Hawaiaan Silky 14-1 and NTM thus far and so far none have had an effective mositurizing effect. In my prior threads some of you suggested that I control my "cone" intake of products and although I know zero about product ingredients, I'm assuming the products that i mentioned above have cones. So, with that said, I'm willing to try some "Cone-Free" products and see if I notice a difference. So please share them with me.

PS) I'm also working on the porosity issue too.

Thanks All.

Tylove101

My favorite cone-free product for daily moisture is SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-In. It's like this :lick: when placed in my hair. I also use my regular conditioner (Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose) as a leave- in/moisturizer too and it works wonders.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Oyin Juices & Berries and Oyin Whipped Pudding are reeeaaally good :lick:

Smiley79

My favorite cone-free product for daily moisture is SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-In. It's like this :lick: when placed in my hair. I also use my regular conditioner (Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose) as a leave- in/moisturizer too and it works wonders.

Where can I find this product? SheaMoisture.

Smiley79

Can leave-ins be used as a daily moisture product? I thought leave-ins are used after your hair washing regimen to leave-in wet hair before finishing.

msa

Would you all be so kind as to share a list of cone-free products ( I saw a list of conditioners but I'm talking about daily moisturizers) that I can use for my daily moisture? I have used Elast QP Mango, Profective, Hawaiaan Silky 14-1 and NTM thus far and so far none have had an effective mositurizing effect. In my prior threads some of you suggested that I control my "cone" intake of products and although I know zero about product ingredients, I'm assuming the products that i mentioned above have cones. So, with that said, I'm willing to try some "Cone-Free" products and see if I notice a difference. So please share them with me.

Thanks All.

The first thing I suggest you do is start learning about product ingredients and what they do. There's no point in going out to buy recommended products if you don't understand why they work or what the problem was with your original products. The Beauty Brains blog has a lot of great posts about product ingredients that will help you get started. The Natural Haven does as well. They are both from a scientific point of view but easy to understand (links in my siggy).

Does silicone suffocate hair?
Are silicones bad for long hair?
Are silicones bad for your hair?

I also suggest that if you ever have questions about an ingredient, just google it. You'd be surprised how much information you will get back. There's usually pretty good info on wikipedia but the companies that sell ingredients usually have good product descriptions that tell you exactly what the ingredients are supposed to do.

Lucky's Mom

Thanks All.

Hi there!

In my opinion - it is very important to know product ingredients. This will help you know more about what to use - and how your hair responds to that particular ingredient/product.

Good luck in your search!
I don't use commercial moisturizers... so I can't help you there.....

The most basic leave in moisturizer that I like is

Aloe vera Juice 80%
Glycerin 10%
peppermint oil - 10 drops
water - 10%

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I had previously used glycerin mixed with honeyquat, water, and saa...now i use redken smooth down butter treat... they're both great for my hair

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Smiley, you can get Oyin and a bunch of other goodies at www.curlmart.com

They have super fast shipping!

Smiley79

The Jane Carter line is Cone-free??? If so, that's great, because I've seen it at my local health food store.

Can leave-ins be used as a daily moisture product? I thought leave-ins are used after your hair washing regimen to leave-in wet hair before finishing.

I wondered this too, this always confuses me. If you do use a leave-in, do you have to mist the hair with water first?

phive34

ITA with the bold it totally helped my 4B natural hair and it works well on my mommy relaxed hair.