Combs and Tangles of 4a/4b Relaxed Hair

pooh123

Hi all,

I've been on this journey of healthy hair for a long time yet for the past couple of years I've been missing one critical element of my routine that I was unaware of until just recently. Until a few days ago I never new the importance of a WIDE TOOTH detangling comb was to my routine. I thought that my black ACE wide tooth comb had been sufficient. Going on for two years now I'd been having problems with tangles after six weeks into my relaxer. Getting my retouches were a nightmare because inevitably there would be tangles all throughout my 4a/4b hair.

Long story short, this past Saturday I finally purchased a jumbo Wide tooth detangling comb from the beauty supply store and used it in my hair after I washed and conditioned it. I could immediately tell a difference in my hair and how much easier it was to comb. I went in for my retouch today and my stylist noticed the difference as well with my eight week retouch. My retouch was WAY more comfortable and my stylist could apply the relaxer to my new growth much faster.

If you are a 4a/4b with shoulder length or longer hair and have problems with tangles like I do please, please, please check your combs. I never knew a comb could make such a huge difference in my routine.
Now I'm wondering since I've figured out what causes the tangles if I can go longer than 8 weeks for my retouch.

Pooh123

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Hey pooh,
If you think you've had tangle problems with 4a/4b shoulder length relaxed...try being natural. All my hard work and progress spoiled by tangles and knots...every day!
I tried every detangler known to man and was even considering a detangler made specifically for horses' tails!
Daily CO washes, a wide tooth shower comb and monthly cellophane rinse have recently helped me overcome some of these arduous setbacks too. Congrats on your discovery! Aren't you
it took us so long to figure this out!?

British

hello pooh:

There is a product called Porosity Control Conditioner, try using this product, there is no possible way that you could have this problem once you are finished.

It leaves your hair feeling like silk. 100%

I haven't used it in along time, but it still is one of my favorites. when washing your hair don't put your hair on top of your head. Just let the wet hair lay on your back, and massage underneath, and between your hair.

regards,

British

pooh123

[ QUOTE ]
Your probably saying "why did it take me so long to figure that out?"

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!! I feel like a dufus for not figuring this out sooner. Oh well, better late than never!

pooh123

pooh123

[ QUOTE ]
Hey pooh,
If you think you've had tangle problems with 4a/4b shoulder length relaxed...try being natural. All my hard work and progress spoiled by tangles and knots...every day!
I tried every detangler known to man and was even considering a detangler made specifically for horses' tails!
Daily CO washes, a wide tooth shower comb and monthly cellophane rinse have recently helped me overcome some of these arduous setbacks too. Congrats on your discovery! Aren't you
it took us so long to figure this out!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya Brooke007.. I'm glad I figured this out. Now I will not have to worry about the stylist tugging tangles when I get my retouches.

pooh123

pooh123

[ QUOTE ]
hello pooh:

There is a product called Porosity Control Conditioner, try using this product, there is no possible way that you could have this problem once you are finished.

I haven't used it in along time, but it still is one of my favorites. when washing your hair don't put your hair on top of your head. Just let the wet hair lay on your back, and massage underneath, and between your hair.

regards,

British

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks British! I may have to try some when I run out of Humecto. Where can I purchase this product? It sounds divine!!

pooh123

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
[ QUOTE ]
hello pooh:

regards,

British

[/ QUOTE ] Oooh, I've got to try this. I will be picking this up today.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I've been on this journey of healthy hair for a long time yet for the past couple of years I've been missing one critical element of my routine that I was unaware of until just recently. Until a few days ago I never new the importance of a WIDE TOOTH detangling comb was to my routine. I thought that my black ACE wide tooth comb had been sufficient. Going on for two years now I'd been having problems with tangles after six weeks into my relaxer. Getting my retouches were a nightmare because inevitably there would be tangles all throughout my 4a/4b hair.

Long story short, this past Saturday I finally purchased a jumbo Wide tooth detangling comb from the beauty supply store and used it in my hair after I washed and conditioned it. I could immediately tell a difference in my hair and how much easier it was to comb. I went in for my retouch today and my stylist noticed the difference as well with my eight week retouch. My retouch was WAY more comfortable and my stylist could apply the relaxer to my new growth much faster.

If you are a 4a/4b with shoulder length or longer hair and have problems with tangles like I do please, please, please check your combs. I never knew a comb could make such a huge difference in my routine.
Now I'm wondering since I've figured out what causes the tangles if I can go longer than 8 weeks for my retouch.

Pooh123

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. I comb my hair out every morning in the shower. Wide tooth.