Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

Tea/coffee/coconut milk rinsed during my cowash.
Used my ayurvedic oil blend before and plan to do an oiling once my hair dries with fenugreek and hibiscus infused rice bran oil.

Steeping Fenugreek tea for tomorrow. I have other teas ( burdock root, marshmallow roots, slippery elm) that I have yet to really use. I'm so addicted to using fenugreek and loving that maple smell...

After my run tomorrow morning I'm going to buy some tea from the grocery store and steep some for my cowash tomorrow. I guess I'll get a spray bottle and apply it my hair in sections, let it sit for a bit, and then apply my cowash conditioner.

Hope I'm not doing this wrong.

Been using my nettle, basil, lavender tea braid spray with irish moss and horsetail powders every night. I found that I still needed to seal in the moisture so I used safflower, jbco and coconut oil with EOs in another spray bottle after moisturizing scalp and hair. My braids finally feel moist and soft instead of that dry, tight feeling.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thursday,applied some happ nappy Hibicus on my length & Coffee caramel burlee butter on my ends...Hair up in a bun..It's super cold here,so my hair should really hold up with this combo..

Happy Hair Growing!

Scalp detox on my roots/Co wash with SSI Blue berry..Healing Herbs By Rene Coffee Mocha Dc 1hr,Rinsed with Healing Herbs Moringa con,HH soft coconut leave-in,CC naturals hibiscus cream & sealed with Happy Hair Coffee brullee butter...Biotin Maca scalp lotion on roots..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Okay, so today I steeped one bag of Lipton Pearl Black tea in about 1 1/2 cups of water. Let it sit for about 9ish hours. I poured the tea in my spray bottle with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. I sprayed my dry hair in 4 sections until almost dripping, and then put a plastic cap on for about 10 minutes. Applied my cowash conditioner and oil mix over the tea saturated hair, and rinsed. I had a lot of mixture left so I rinsed it over my head in the shower.

My hair feels good! I'll try this again next cowash (4 days from now). Didn't add too much time to my routine, and my hair is super soft and strong.

Heavy pre poo of fenugreek and amla oil. Shampood again. Poured warm tea/hot oil mix of burdock, nettle, oolong plus grapeseed and almond. Reconstructor on top..then work called with an emergency. Dang no choice but left on for an 1.5 hrs. Too long! Crispy but not hard. Rinsed and hit it with moisture DC for an hour. Was fine after :)

Last edited:
Been using my nettle, basil, lavender tea braid spray with irish moss and horsetail powders every night. I found that I still needed to seal in the moisture so I used safflower, jbco and coconut oil with EOs in another spray bottle after moisturizing scalp and hair. My braids finally feel moist and soft instead of that dry, tight feeling.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Just a thought. I found that lav tea left on was very drying. mshoneyfly.

IDareT'sHair

I use Holy Basil in my cleansing grains recipe. That stuff does a good job. I haven't used it in my hair yet.

I have Sage from Essential Depot but I don't want to darken my hair so I might give it away.

I did my first fenugreek rinse and love it. After I rinsed my DC, I poured it over my head and left it in. Slip was as great as everyone has said. Great for me because I tangle a lot. It will stay in my rotation.

Coffee/tea/coconut milk rinsed last night. I have enough for one more wash. But I haven't made my areetha/tulsi/skikakai rinse in over a week:nono:

jprayze said:
I did my first fenugreek rinse and love it. After I rinsed my DC, I poured it over my head and left it in. Slip was as great as everyone has said. Great for me because I tangle a lot. It will stay in my rotation.

I have fenugreek, tea, powder and seeds. I even asked how to use them. Why have I not used them?

I have some sort of product attention disorder.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Back