Coffee and/or Tea Rinse Challenge 2012

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I did a coffee/nettle tea/peppermint oil rinse last night. I didn't rinse it out. Scalp feels tingly this morning.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in.
I will tea rinse 1x/wkly. I use my premixed ayurvedic powders. I put a teaspoon into a heat sealable tea bag. Seal it and steep in hot water in an applicator bottle. Then I apply, cover with a plastic cap for about 5 minutes followed by a cowash.

greenandchic

I'm in.
I will tea rinse 1x/wkly. I use my premixed ayurvedic powders. I put a teaspoon into a heat sealable tea bag. Seal it and steep in hot water in an applicator bottle. Then I apply, cover with a plastic cap for about 5 minutes followed by a cowash.

Do you strain it?

Sent from my ADR6350 using ADR6350

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ms_CoCo37

I Brew a Pot of Black Tea. Allow it to steep several hours or overnight, transfer into Gallon Jug(s) that I keep in the Fridge.

Each wash day, I pour some out and allow to become room temperature. After I rinse out my DC'er, I pour it on and massage it in.

Then I put away my 'stuff' from that wash day & rinse (about 20 minutes).

Or....I'll pour it on Slap my DC'er on top & Steam.

Then I do a final ACV Rinse and dry under dryer.

I've also used various Tea Spritzs that are meant to be used as a Leave-In.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ms_CoCo37

I do my hair twice a week using about 8-12 ounces of Black Tea per Session. I usually get about 6 wash days out of a Gallon (so about 3 weeks).

It stays/keeps fine in the Fridge.

I've also added:

Horsetail
Nettle
Dandelion Root
Cinnamon Bark

In this particular Tea Mixture.

Ms_CoCo37

@Ms_CoCo37

I do my hair twice a week using about 8-12 ounces of Black Tea per Session. I usually get about 6 wash days out of a Gallon (so about 3 weeks).

I've also added:

Horsetail
Nettle
Dandelion Root
Cinnamon Bark

It just so happens that I have horsetail and nettle stashed under the counter. :grin: I can't wait until wash day!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I just rinsed with black tea...used two bags of lipton in one cup of boiling water. I let it dry mostly, and then put my DC (GVP Conditioning Balm with castor and safflower oil) on top.

Aggie

Hi :wave: IDareT'sHair, I made it over. I will have to go out and purchase some black tea for my rinses/conditioners. Since my weave is out, it will be easy to do them now:yep:.

Aggie

@Ms_CoCo37

I've also added:

Horsetail
Nettle
Dandelion Root
Cinnamon Bark

Hmmm, you just gave me an idea IDareT'sHair. I can make my ayurvedic rinses with the tea - Oooooh yeah, two birds with one stone:yep:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Shay72

When I went to the health food store to get my ACV, horsetail & empty cloth tea bags last weekend, the little guy in there tried to talk me into getting the heat sealed tea bags, but I didn't know how to use them (and neither did he).:perplexed

He told me to take a Iron to seal it closed. I told him that was too much work and got the Drawstring ones I'm use to using.:yep:

Although the Seal-able ones had more tea bags in them, like 40 in a pack. The Drawstring ones are 3 in a pack & cloth.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Shay72 So how do you seal them? He told me you had to iron it shut. That just doesn't sound right.:nono:

The drawstring ones sound easiest.:lol: Stuff the Tea in and pull the string closed.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I wanna join! I have a question though....

Will black tea fade my semi perm color prematurely??????