Clarifying before relaxer???

Valarie1

Help please......today is relaxer day (4 days earlier than scheduled!) But I'm pretty happy because I stretched to 9 weeks.

I'm wondering if anyone does anything special before relaxing. I use No-Lye with good results but wondered if anyone did any clarifying or other pre-relaxer steps.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I used Sistaslick's advice in her pre-relaxer article. On tuesday I clarifed and did a mild protein treatment. Got my touch up today and I definately see the benefits of the pre relaxer steps. :yep:

I did a search but I guess it was too broad. I will look for her article. I wonder if clarify, protein and relaxer can be done in one day, or the day before. I really wanted to get the darn relaxer out of the way this weekend.

Check her profile. She has the links to the articles there.

You typically want to wait 48 hrs prior to the chemical service, btw. Esp. if clarifying, relaxing the same day is not a good idea :nono:. Your scalp will be on fiyaaaah!!!

I did a search but I guess it was too broad. I will look for her article. I wonder if clarify, protein and relaxer can be done in one day, or the day before. I really wanted to get the darn relaxer out of the way this weekend.

I'm not sure about the day of...but the article is in her fotki.... fotki.com/sistaslick check it out! There are a lot of good ones.

:blush: I posted my last response and then went and took a shower, washed my hair with the clarifier.....umm.....guess I won't be relaxing today. :nono:

Thanks for the tips ladies....I've learned so much here, my hair has never been stronger or healthier than it is now. Well, not since I was in my teens (pre-relaxer era with my mother still calling the hair care shots!)

Back