Check out my bun tutorial!

anon123

Other bun styles just weren't working for me. My hair is not very long, and it is thick and puffy. So the bun I can do is like the one in my avatar. I made a video on how to do it. It's in 2 parts because I ran out of memory on the card while doing it.

Here's part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAqqOF37zc0

and part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFoMhbLi62w&feature=related

If you end up watching my video on roller setting for spirals, ignore what I said about damp hair, and do it on dry hair, stretched hair with aloe vera gel.

I watched it last night and thought it was very good. I'm gonna try it when I wash my hair tonight.

Very good video

Thanks

Last edited:
Other bun styles just weren't working for me. My hair is not very long, and it is thick and puffy. So the bun I can do is like the one in my avatar. I made a video on how to do it. It's in 2 parts because I ran out of memory on the card while doing it.

Omg - i knew your were pretty, but now that i get a full facial view i gotta say - YOU ARE GORGEOUS :grin::yep:

ok, back from watching and i LOVE it!! Great job - i really like the bangs too!

Last edited:
Thanks for the love, y'all.

Donewitit (your coily puff is pretty) and Centered, please let me know how it works out for you when you try it!

Centered and Lynn, thank you. :blush: y'all are too sweet.

Pat, that is too funny. Are your chair seats white/beige? I think mine were white when I got them, but 4 or 5 years later, they are now, um off-white, haha. What possessed me to get white chairs and a white coach? :spinning:

:grin: This is awesome! Thanks for posting. How did you stretch your hair for the bun?

Are you going to do more videos? Please do!:love:

Not only are you articulate, but stunning, too! Some folks get everything! That was a good bun tutorial. It is gentle on the hair, too.

That is very pretty :rosebud: and creative! :clap:

I wonder if it'll work for my hair. Hmmmm.....
2.gif
I'll have to give it a try.

So gorgeous!!! And SO much hair - oh my goodness!!!! I just have a huge head, that's my problem..

Wow, thanks for posting that tutorial. I wish you had posted from start to finish (from wash to bun) because you hair is absolutely gorgeous. I love the thickness, bounce and that roller set at the front is beautiful - so smooth and luscious! I would love to see your roller setting for spirals video.

Last edited:
O my I did it and it was so easy.

I made mine a bit smaller by using a panty hose. Its higher up on my head, which I thought would look funny but it doesn't. I put a flower on the side of the bun.

P.S. I was going to take pictures but my camera is low battery. I will try to get a picture of it soon and put it in my album. THanks again for the tutorial!

Thanks, you guys, for all the love and compliments.:Blush2:

:grin: This is awesome! Thanks for posting. How did you stretch your hair for the bun?

Are you going to do more videos? Please do!:love:

Thanks. My hair is stretched from roller setting it on those same blue rollers you see at the beginning of the video. If you have the big hard ones, I think those would be even better. I don't like stretching by braids or twists for this because it doesn't give as good of a stretch, it comes out crinkly, and I need to comb it out again to look like I want.

I'm going to do at least one more video, an french roll-type updo, but I can't say when I'll be doing it.

That is very pretty :rosebud: and creative! :clap:

I wonder if it'll work for my hair. Hmmmm.....
2.gif
I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks. Let us know how it works on your hair. I wonder if for your length and texture, it would work better if you rolled the hair. You know, starting from the tip as though you were rolling it onto a roller. Not sure, but let us know if you try it.

Wow, thanks for posting that tutorial. I wish you had posted from start to finish (from wash to bun) because you hair is absolutely gorgeous. I love the thickness, bounce and that roller set at the front is beautiful - so smooth and luscious! I would love to see your roller setting for spirals video.

No problem and thank you!. I can tell you what I did. If I made a video for all that, it would be several hours long! Let's see . . . First I spritzed my hair very lightly with water, put on a shower cap, and put on my micro heat cap for like 20 minutes. I wanted to do a treatment with eggs and I heard that heat opens the cuticle so my reasoning was that the treatment would take better if I heated before hand because it could penetrate better. Um, I don't know if that really worked, but I did it. I put my mix (Neutrogena Hair Mask, 1 1/2 eggs, 3 tbls of coconut oil) on, left it on for bit under the shower cap, and then started to detangle. I was officially in love with this mix for detangling. I rinsed it out with lukewarm water (my hair and scalp were surprisingly clean), applied Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner, and roller set to dry.

I did do a video for roller setting for the spirals. I just hesitate to promote it because I said I was doing it on slightly damp hair, which was true, but once I saw the results, I realized that I like the results better on dry combed out hair with product. But you can see the technique here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVAoE5Sx3MA

O my I did it and it was so easy.

I made mine a bit smaller by using a panty hose. Its higher up on my head, which I thought would look funny but it doesn't. I put a flower on the side of the bun.

P.S. I was going to take pictures but my camera is low battery. I will try to get a picture of it soon and put it in my album. THanks again for the tutorial!

Sweet! I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm going to make mine a bit smaller today, too. But I usually have a difficult time making a small bun. Will try again, though.

MW,

Well I got caught up the in the Curlformers frenzy. Yesterday, I ended up twisting my hair with Shealoe in a cheap copy effort to replicate those magnificent curls. They awight, but not like the original. *sigh* I'm just too cheap to run out and get them.

Oh well. I'll do the bun tomorrow and let you know girl.

Back