Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream

Chanteuse

I use it right after washing so it's not an "unfresh hair" thing for me. I went to smell it again after seeing that so many people like the scent. It actually doesn't smell bad while in the jar - so maybe it's just the action of rubbing it together in my hands that releases the unpleasant scent? It's really strange. IDK - my sense of smell is very strong though so that may be why it's not as noticeable to other people.

SouthernTease

I use it right after washing so it's not an "unfresh hair" thing for me. I went to smell it again after seeing that so many people like the scent. It actually doesn't smell bad while in the jar - so maybe it's just the action of rubbing it together in my hands that releases the unpleasant scent? It's really strange. IDK - my sense of smell is very strong though so that may be why it's not as noticeable to other people.

I noticed this too... I tried it again after I posted that last message
there is kind of a fishy smell...
but when I asked other people they just said my hair smelled like
coconut... so I guess if other people can't smell it... it's ok.

Aggie

I like this conditioner mostly when I'm rollersetting. It does a wonderful job of softening my tangled tresses after a wash.

PrettyBlackHair

This stuff did not work for my hair. I just remeber it doing nothing and leaving little pieces of whatever was in the cond itioner in my hair :ohwell:

Aggie

This stuff did not work for my hair. I just remeber it doing nothing and leaving little pieces of whatever was in the cond itioner in my hair :ohwell:

Prettyblackhair, out of curiosity, what color were the little pieces you were washing out of your hair. I saw something like this too but I thought it was just build up from all the products I've been using.

Please share.
Never mind, I figured it out. It's my surge plus 14 revitalizer that caused the flaking. In fact, I think the surge burned my scalp a little. I will continue to use it but I think I'm gonna stretch it a little with maybe some aloe vera gel and/or jojoba oil. I guess I can put it in my MN mix as a way to dilute it as well.

Last edited:
Used it for the first time last weekend on freshly washed hair.
Made my curls really pop when wet but when it dried its the same ol shrinkage story.

Still want to use it on completely dry hair so the verdict is still out...:perplexed

loveisnthehouse

I LOVE this stuff! I use it every night for my leave-in. I put it on wet hair and then seal with almond oil and then let it dry overnight. In the morning my hair is nice and moisturized and shiny. It does leave clumps (I am guessing those are pieces of the shea butter), but if you put it on at night and wrap with a silk scarf the clumps go away (I'm guessing the shea butter melts into the hair). I give this product two thumbs up!!

Cxshortie

I bought this a while ago but did not use it too often until recently, my stylist told me she could tell a difference in my hair because my ends were not a mess like they usually were, i should have started using it sooner.

La Colocha

I did not like it, it smelled like fish:perplexed and for me i had to use it alone or it will leave white balls and it made my hair crunchy.

sharifeh

Wow, the reviews on this product are all across the spectrum
My sister purchased this and she likes it
I really like that the second ingredient is shea butter
everything else would have shea butter as the next to last product...
I'll give it a try

makeupvixen

I've been using this cantu shea butter and I mixed it with Lavender Jamican Black Castor Oil and some Argan Oil and I love it! So soft and so smooth! Smells wonderful. I don't use the cantu alone I mix it.

syncerelyhis

I LOVE IT! I use it after my cowashes and for moisturizing my bun daily. My hair is really soft and moisturized. I always seal it with oil.

eta. Maybe some of the hardness some have experienced is due to using too much. This product does not need more than a quarter sized amount.

sunnydaze

Sucks for me.:nono:

I really wanted to like it and love how it feels going on my wet hair, but it dries to nothingness. Tried it on my puddin's hair, same thing, plus it left flakes in her hair. Wish I could think of a creative way to use it up.

fatimablush

I use it on dry hair and i mix it.

I seperate my hair, and spritz it with watery leave in let it dry, and put the mixture of cantu leave in castor oil and silk amino treatment(bought at sallys generic biosilk) and it works perfect. I even put it on new growth.

Tif392002

uhhh, it smells good.... but i didnt like it. first it made my hair hard.(and im very light handed, so i didnt use that much).. second it says do not use directly on new growth? im natural , so what the hell thats supposed to mean lol... i thnk it s meant for relaxed hair. as it says do not use directly on new growth... i trashed this stuf.

I've been using this cantu shea butter and I mixed it with Lavender Jamican Black Castor Oil and some Argan Oil and I love it! So soft and so smooth! Smells wonderful. I don't use the cantu alone I mix it.

I do something similar. I use it after I wash n condition my hair. Put a dollop through my hair to soften it. Then I section with my fingers or comb, put a small bit on section followed by Castor Oil. It gives my enough slippage to detangle.

Amber_moon

Whats with all these old Zombie threads getting revived?

I just discovered this stuff two weeks ago... I LOVE it. I use it right after a wash while my hair is still wet and LOVE it.