Cantu is frauding us!!

Misshairdiva

I have been using the Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair cream by Cantu. Today I bought Break Cure by Cantu and guess what? The Shea Butter is 16fl.oz, and the Break Cure is 6.1oz. THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME EXACT INGREDIANTS!!! To me that is sooo wrong!! They are charging the same amount of money for 10oz less!!! For the SAME THING!!!

SunySydeofLyfe

Wow, I bought some for my little ones hair and I used some last night with a baggie (Shea Butter) and I am in love. What do you think about the overall products? I want some more!

♦K.O♦

That sounds very suspect. Pantene does this all the time.

To play devil's advocate...

Maybe they each contain the same ingredients, but in different amounts.

sonce

:yep: :yep: :yep: A lot of companies do this kind of ****. I was just at Walgreens yesterday and I read the labels of like 3 or 4 different Pantene conditioners. The first 5-8 ingredients were exactly the same--listed in the same order too (so the amounts were the same too). Taking the same thing, putting a new label on it, and creating a new marketing campaign is a great way to make more money with less work.

Allandra

To play devil's advocate...

Maybe they each contain the same ingredients, but in different amounts.
A few years ago, I remember a LHCF member called / emailed Pantene about this, and they said it was the amounts that were different.

dreysonsmommy2011

I knew this about Cantu, that's why I stopped using them. I always check the ingredients on the conditioners and moisturizers of the product line because I know that some companies do try to cheat...

envybeauty

If one product weighs 16 ounces and the other weighs 6 ounces, then they OBVIOUSLY have different amounts of those same ingredients.

I don't see the fraud.

mzhotniz86

If one product weighs 16 ounces and the other weighs 6 ounces, then they OBVIOUSLY have different amounts of those same ingredients.

I don't see the fraud.

she saying they have different amounts, but they are charging just as much for the smaller amount as they are for the larger. which is kinda off

well OP now you know the 'secret' ,go with the larger thats all. problem solved :) (you can thank me later :grin:)

envybeauty

she saying they have different amounts, but they are charging just as much for the smaller amount as they are for the larger. which is kinda off

well OP now you know the 'secret' ,go with the larger thats all. problem solved :) (you can thank me later :grin:)

Well, they may have every right to do so. .

The smaller one may have more shea butter and the larger one may have more water. Shea butter cost more than water.

6 ounces of x,y,z plus shea butter may be the same as 16 ounces of x,y,z plus more water.

MissMasala5

I use the Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer and my niece uses the creamy stuff in the jar. I checked, and the ingredients were very similar but NOT the same, they differed by one or two, I forget. Also, I like lotions, she likes creams. We're both happy :yep:

So while ingredients may be same, the consistency is not. It's about preference.

dany06

Maybe the smaller one is concentrated and its put in a smaller container so you will use it in smaller amounts than when you use the larger dilute version. Did you buy ityet? If so, try them both to see how they are different.

glamazon386

They are different amounts of the same ingredients. Ingredient lists don't list the specific amount of each ingredient. They just list them as whatever takes up the largest portion of the product on down to the smallest. Changing the amount of ingredients can change the product and how it performs, it's consistency, etc. Somebody brought this up a few years back in regards to the NTM conditioner and mask.

glamazon386

But the products are not the same. I've used them both and they do different things. They're not even the same consistency.

ILYandY

I purchased a the repair cream and I didn't like it but the shea butter grow strong strengthening treatment is pretty good it dont make my hard.

metalkitty

I'm a little late to this post but I'd like to add, as some ladies have indicated, not just the quantities of ingredients on the list are different but for me I notice a big difference between the Breakcure and the Leave In Treatment.... Breakcure for me makes a great moisturizer and leave in alone. However, with the Leave In Treatment in the tub I noticed that even when I added extra shea butter to it it just won't work as a leave in or moisturizer and feel kinda weird and coating. But I use it alone or mixed with porosity control and it's great as a deep conditioner.
So yeah, I noticed right away that the ingredients for alot of the products in this line are really similar but they perform differently for me. You just have to play with things to see what works best. HTHS!