Calling all self-relaxers!!!

Share some of your best tips! It does not matter how simple
I'll start off

-Relaxing in sections
-Using a color tint brush
-Covering previously relaxed sections with conditioner/oil/vaseline
-After rinsing and before neutralizing use a protein conditioner for 5 min and some Prosperity Control
-Add some type of oil to slow down the relaxer

Please try to repeat them; trying to get as much information as possible

P.S.- Is self relaxing really that hard???I get nervous just thinking about it:perplexed Any do you guys use anything to help you feel the demarcation line?

Last edited:

netnet26

Share some of your best tips! It does not matter how simple
I'll start off

-Relaxing in sections
-Using a color tint brush
-Covering previously relaxed sections with conditioner/oil/vaseline
-After rinsing and before neutralizing use a protein conditioner for 5 min and some Prosperity Control
-Add some type of oil to slow down the relaxer

Please try to repeat them; trying to get as much information as possible

P.S.- Is self relaxing really that hard???I get nervous just thinking about it:perplexed Any do you guys use anything to help you feel the demarcation line?

Girl u pretty much have it down pack yo self :yep:! Only things I can add are:

* I dont apply my relaxer w/ a brush I do it w/ my hands..... the hands on feeling is much better to me at least....
* I do base entire scalp and ends of hair w/ a good base or vasaline....I DONOT apply conditioner to my hair, because it made my hair more fragile then it was before...your hair becomes wet and it snaps so easily when applying the relaxer...a BIG :nono:
* Make sure you wash your hair untill your poo is WHITE even if it takes you 4 shampooings :yep:
* Deep con after relaxer w/ your best protien conditioner...If you like u can follow w/ an moisturizing con as well...I dont nned todo this since my protein con has emulsyfing wax in it which gives my hair major softness and slip.
* I start relaxing where my hair is the most rough or has the most newgrowth....which for me is always the middle....my nape is 3cish so i do that next to last.....then I go to front and then back and then hairline. Hair line is always last...sum people like to do this second, because they wasnt them super straight edges...but that's how thinning of the edges occur.

Relaxing is not that difficult, I have been relaxing my hair since I was 12....I know... I Know BAD:spank:!!.......As long as you follow the directions and make sure you wash the stuff out of your hair really good..... u should be fine...hey u neva know u might neva have to go to the hair dresser for that reason no more....save that money on somethin u really want Girl!!

HTH
2nd Goal: BSL (Thicker)
Ult. Goal: WL ( Thick and Happy)

Last edited:

pmichael52172

Every basic tip seems to be covered... and good personal ones added.

I'll add to start your touch in a section different from your last touch up. That's it.

tryingto

I'll add using a timer, it makes a world of differance for me, I start rinsing mine out at 10 mins, on the money, also detangle 1st,

sareca

Use diluted ACV to help you neutralize.
Use neutralizing poo for your next few washes.

Bosslady1

I part my hair in four sections then make mini sections within the four sections. (I hope you got that:look:)

It makes for faster application time and less chances of overlapping.

The oil in your relaxer does help as well. I also use the oil on my hair if I feel any slight burning.:yep: It cools that down too.

I always make sure to protect my hair ends with Profective Healthy Ends creme. (yellow jar):yep:

myco

When you neutralize with shampoo, allow the shampoo to actually sit on your hair for several minutes. Lather, massage, chill, then rinse and repeat.

SpiritJunkie

Good tips!
  • i base the night before and again very sparsely day of
  • i use aphogee treatment 2-5 days prior to touch up (heavy protein)
  • relax in sections...front first rinse..neutrilize/reconstructor..then back (cover with papers/saran wrap and shower cap)
  • i let neutrilizer sit in my hair for 5 mins before rinsing & shampoo 4-5 times..until white..what ever it takes
  • i use a reconstructer after this step
  • then I deep conditon for at least 30 minutes

godzooki

for those who use acv to help neutralize, do you spritz or pour it on after rinsing out the relaxer but before the neut. shampoo or do you do it after the shampoo and how long do you let it sit? I'm thinking about doing this to help also.