Self-relaxed with Revlon Realist lye (mild)

shinyblackhair

I did it!!! This is not my first time self relaxing, but my 1st using a lye formula. The last couple of times I used the Just for Me for kids. I was trying to go till the 28th of this month, before relaxing,but I've been noticing blatant breakage at the demarcation line, so I decided to go ahead.

I am very pleased with my results.
My hair came out soft and silky. I am now about 2 inches away from touching bra-strap. So here's what I did:

Set my timer for 20 min. I divided my hair into about 14 sections using the oucless bands. Applied relaxer as carefully as possible. Oh, I should mention that I coated my hair (not the new growth of course) with LeKair cholesteral conditioner. I finished in about 15 minutes and smoothed for the remain 5. I rinsed out the relaxer and used the neutralizing shampoo. I then used Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair. After that I used Motion Oil with Silk protein conditioner. I left that in for about 5 min. Rinse that out and followed up with Suave Humectant. My hair was so silky upon rinsing.

My hair turned out lightly relaxed. Still see the waves, but they are easier to manage. One thing is that I'm noticing some kind of scalp irritation. I'm thinking because I'm not used to lye relaxers??? I don't have any burns, but I'm noticing an itchy kind of feeling in my scalp. I've read that lye relaxer are more irritating to the scalp.

Anyhow, all in all I'm pleased and will use this relaxer again.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Congrats! That's the relaxer and strength that I use.

I've never noticed a difference in my scalp when using lye relaxers. The difference for me is in my hair (more shine and less dryness).