Braidouts, Twistouts Etc Under Dryer?

In the summer I often do braidouts (well my sorry version of them anyway lol) and usually let them dry while I sleep but many times I'd find that my hair isn't quite dry so I end up with a mess. I also hate sleeping on damp hair, seems to make me ill. I'm trying to perfect them before it gets warm so as not to traumatize myself once it's warm and humid :lol: and I was wondering how many of you dry your braid/twist sets under the dryer and whether that even works well.

Do you find that you can get it near or fully dry in say an hour under the dryer? Do you find more or less frizz using a dryer as opposed to plain old air drying?

Also how wet should the hair be before braiding? I tend to use soaking wet hair but I wonder if that isn't necessary?

Last edited:
well i almost always use a dryer for my twist it takes 30 mins. dont k bout braidouts im not good at those. but twist s still come out nice don't do it soaking wet i do mine damp.

I use a dryer for twist and braid sets because like you I can not sleep with wet hair....i'll wake up with a sinus headache and scratchy throat everytime, ugh.

An hour usually gets me pretty dry....most of the time as long as my scalp is dry before bed i'm good and I just let the rest air dry so I usually sit under the dryer about a half hour just to speed up the drying process and to make sure my scalp area is good and dry. Just make sure to pin the braids or twists up so the air can hit them.

I used to do them on soaking wet hair but I don't feel it's necessary now. I towel or air dry my hair about 90% and then use whatever product I use to dampen it but no more sopping wet hair and gobs of product for me....it takes ages to dry!

This post reminds me....I need to start working on my braid-outs soon. I'm never happy with those....my twists are good but the braids never come out the way I want.

Back