Braidouts & twistouts!! please post your pics!

Fhrizzball

@ BMP: your twistouts makes heat damage look appealing. What did you use in your hair for the first twist out?

~NanCeBoTwin~

Braid outs on my 10 yo dd's natural hair:

braid out:

3 day old twist out on my relaxed hair about 19 weeks post, excuse my NG:

Last edited:

Distorted Barbie

This is like a 2nd or 3rd day twistout :) Excuse the expression lol

CUTE COLOR

kooskoos

Braidout and twistouts are too cute! And you ladies seem to have the process down pat! I love looking at all the pics. Great idea for a thread, OP!!!

I use LTR Conditioner on dry hair, making about 20 braids and then pin-curling the braids down, securing with a hairpin after sealing with EVCO.

Here's what it looks like when I take them out! Lasts about a week without rebraiding:

Caramel Jewel

I wish I could do me a twist out...I tried it once but by 1 p.m. my hair was a mess....I can't keep my hands out of my head...once i'm more comfortable with being natural then i'll start styling it but it the meantime I'll be working with my wng's, I haven't given up yet.....I'll figure it out

melodies815

hi girls i see some beautiful results ... but i wondering if i could even come close to that beauty because i am natural and my hair is huge once dried... are there naturals with silky shiny results? and what product do u use with it? ... this is something i have convinced myself that i need to do ... cuz i see the heat thinning out my hair ... and i wud like the strength that flat ironing weekly cant give me ... I do consider u girls experts at what u do ... and i want to get on the bandwagon with you.. please help

Hey there...I have silky, shiny results most days. The pics I put in here are only slightly defined and I don't really like to have them because they don't last as long.

For defined, twists, I put a LOAD of shea butter as my base and then I shea the ends of each section I twist. After I shea the ends, I get Fantasia IC Hard to Hold gel and put it down the length of the section I am going to twist. Between the shea butter and the gel, my hair looks like it has a whitish coating. That completely disappears as it dries. I don't use but 1-3 finger dabs of IC gel (depends on how thick the section is), but I make sure that I have gel going all the way to the ends. Then, I twist it a little around my finger and move to the next section.

My hair is extremely thick and when I twist now, I do medium to small twists. They take 2-4 hours to do..just depends on how small the twists are. I leave them in for 5-8 days. When I twist out, I get another 3 days...maybe 4.

The gel and shea have it silky and shiny. Really silky/

I have these exact twists in right now (did them this afternoon for a Christmas party) and will take a picture after church tomorrow. They look nice....they bounce and move with my head. When I twist out, they move even more...softly and with no crunchiness since I used shea butter as the base.

The tip is....light gel if you only want hold and no frizz. Heavier on the gel for silkiness and twistouts that look more like spiral sets than natural-hair twistouts.

I hope this helps, and I hope I have not been overly repetitive....

(Again, pics tomorrow after church. :yep: I am not getting up from the couch to get my camera for the pics we took tonight. I hope that is understandable. I'm tired...but still wanna read here on LHCF. :grin:)

Blessings and HHG to us all!!! I love this thread, OP!!!

cj

Last edited:

aunaturel.

braidout...it looks a lil fuzzy.

my hair in my siggy is also a braidout pinned up with a clip.

Last edited:

glamazon386

My twistout turned out really good the other day so I thought I'd share... I can't get that loose section in the front to hold twists better though. :wallbash:

Whimsy

::sigh::
this thread is so droolworthy.
Everyone has such FABULOUS braid and twist outs!!! damn!

southernbella!? oh my ghaaawd, i'm so jelly!!! great hair girl!!!

Here's my contribution to the thread:

BRAIDOUT (7 cornrows) (these pics are from this week)

here's the back:

BRAIDOUT (4 regular braids) old pic from may 09

here's the back:

TWISTOUT (30ish twists?) in june 09 right after BC

TwistNMx

ETA: I do about...40-50 twists, I think.

I love how your hair turned out. Do you wash it days before or just twist one day and take out the next?
I will have to try your method. I only make about 20 twists and the twistouts just wind up getting washed out.
I wash my hair all of the time. :blush:

TwistNMx

Got one of my best twist-outs ever.

Washed and deep conditioned hair and made around 30-35 twists and wore them for a couple days then took them out.

Products: Qhemet Biologics Qhemet's Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm first then a dab of Tresomme Sleek and Shine conditioner followed by Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. I love using Qhem's during the wintertime, they really keep your hair soft and moisturized.

Sorry for the greenish cast to the last 3 pics. :perplexed

I've always loved your hair! :yep:

melodies815

braidout...it looks a lil fuzzy.

my hair in my siggy is also a braidout pinned up with a clip.

Your hair is stunningly beautiful. Braidouts and twistouts that look like naturally curly/coily hair not styled to get the curls/coils is my personal desired effect...and your hair looks just like my dreams.

Thanks for posting!!!

cj

aunaturel.

Your hair is stunningly beautiful. Braidouts and twistouts that look like naturally curly/coily hair not styled to get the curls/coils is my personal desired effect...and your hair looks just like my dreams.

Thanks for posting!!!

cj

Awwww, thanks !!! lol. :grin:

melodies815

Ummm......*creeping into the thread*

I know I promised to post pictures today after church from the Christmas party hairstyle I am rocking right now, but I am having a coupla issues right now that keep me from doing so.

I know how much you guys like people to keep their word, but I am unable to do so tonight. Yes, I am on the board looking and writing, but I can't get my pictures up for personal reasons. I do pray that I don't get slammed for not keeping my word; it cannot be helped.

I love you guys like you are my sisters and actually feel like crying, but...I will get my pics up as soon as I am able.

Please keep posting. I love these pictures!!!

HHG and blessings to us all! :yep:

cj

NicoleCherise

I love twistouts!!! my avatar is one pic and here are some more...

Attachments

• fall 09 006.jpg
    fall 09 006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 41
  • fall 09 001.JPG
    fall 09 001.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 38

suburbanbushbabe

I dry twist on hair I washed 3 or 4 days ago and worn out since then. I just spritz a tiny bit of water (4-5 for whole head) to soften the hair, separate with my fingers, then use a couple of sprays of Devacurl Set it Free to smooth the hair for twists. I butter up the ends with a cream (Curl Junkie Honey Butta leave in or Afroveda Curly Custard or Botanical Sprits Kinky coils pudding). I may or may not roll up the ends