Braid-Out Ladies: Need Your Pics

dsc05051jt4.jpg
dsc05054cb9.jpg
dsc05075vs6.jpg

How I achieved this braidout: I washed, conditioned, and blowdried my hair. Then I put my hair into 12 plaits using Blue Magic Coconut Hair Grease. Then I unraveled and fluffed it out with my fingers.

dsc05051jt4.jpg
dsc05054cb9.jpg
dsc05075vs6.jpg

How I achieved this braidout: I washed, conditioned, and blowdried my hair. Then I put my hair into 12 plaits using Blue Magic Coconut Hair Grease. Then I unraveled and fluffed it out with my fingers.
looks very nice ..... you naturals are making me want to give it one more try?

Here are two braid outs:
IMG_1392-vi.jpg

(made 6 braids on freshly washed hair, and took them down as my hair was just about dry....but not completely...so if "puffed" more)

and

braidout_october07-vi.jpg

(made 6 braids on freshly washed hair, and took them down as my hair was all the way dry...less "puff").

Which one is better?

When I do a braidout, I put some of my homemade mango curly pudding on wet hair. Then I put my hair in about 10-12 braids and let it airdry. This is the a pic of the last one I did a few weeks ago:

braidoutthks1.jpg

I get tired braiding in the back so that's why I have a section that is straight.

How exactly are braid-outs a protective style? my ends aren't tucked, and it can be prone to tangles...?

I don't think it's a protective style. I think it's more of a low manipulation hair style. My braidouts last a week or more and I only rebraid 4-6 braids per night to keep my braidout defined.

Annnnd my contribution to this thread...

IMG_3095.jpg

(Mine looks more like a roller set because I use flexi-rods on the ends to achieve a curlier look, but I braid my hair half way down before using the flexi.)

Back