Bored with your bun-Lots of PS styles for everyday

cat eyes

Tried this one today - since my hair's much thicker than hers, I used more rows of braids: http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=g-all-c#p/u/35/bZ-a94bzwA8

I'll be doing a different style from the Youtube tutorials each day, so if anyone would like to see them, they will be posted in the stickie thread "Everyday Hair, the Pretty, Nappy, Crazy..."

Hope to see some of you gals' versions of the styles in the tutoritals. If anyone posts them in a thread :prettyplease: tag me!

Very CUTE!!!!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
@Iluvsmuhgrass

Exactly! I watch bun gurus who have HL/TBL hair and there's no way I can do those styles the same way with BSL hair, so I just make adjustments until I can get a similar look using the length I have. :yep:

Yep, I do not have long hair anymore (by LHCF standards) but I do the same thing. You just have to make variations on a theme. For example, I think some of these would look great with two strand twists.

Last edited:

Ogoma

@Lucia
@Ogoma
@Ann0804
@Keen
@mscocopuff
@DaiseeDay
@greenandchic
@NikkiGirl

Can't find the link to the tutorial, but I tried the 4-Twist Bun (not the real name). It was quick and easy - took less than 5 minutes:

To do:

1. Make a ponytail
2. Divide ponytail into 2 parts
3. Pin 1 part out of the way
4. Divide remaining tail into 2 parts
5. Twist 1 part until it winds down onto head (kinda like a pin curl) and pin
6. Repeat with next part
7. Unpin remaining hair
8. Split into 2 parts
9. Twist/wind and pin part 1
10. Twist/wind and pin part 2

Finished!

eta:
Lucia found the link - Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1jh-Wv2wg&feature=BFa&list=WL5B8C0E13E186B26B&lf=mh_lolz

Thank you so much. I tried this for a meeting today, but did it in 6 sections with curly (stretched) hair and it worked.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Tee

this is the bun I tired today. It was not what I intended but I loved it. I will keep trying.

mscocopuff

Tried this one today - since my hair's much thicker than hers, I used more rows of braids: http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=g-all-c#p/u/35/bZ-a94bzwA8

I'll be doing a different style from the Youtube tutorials each day, so if anyone would like to see them, they will be posted in the stickie thread "Everyday Hair, the Pretty, Nappy, Crazy..."

Hope to see some of you gals' versions of the styles in the tutoritals. If anyone posts them in a thread :prettyplease: tag me!

Now this is the one that I really want to try! I absolutely love it! It will give me a break from my ole faithful topknot!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Anything for SL hair? It's so depressing in my corner

TheNDofUO

How about this one?

This updo/chignon was kind of a random discovery for short hair. My gorgeous client Katie, who has a long bob, was sitting in my chair and this happened so we thought we’d snap some photos and share since we get a lot of requests for short hair styles!

TOOLS: bobby pins, accessory, hairspray.

Prep: You’ll want the hair to have some texture before you pin it up. If you have curly hair, you’re all set. If not, use a 1″ spring iron and curl everything away from your face so it will twist easier. Then it’s just 2 steps!

Take the entire left side and start twisting near your ear. Best to twist it kind of tight and then loosen it up after you pin everything. Stop just past the middle and add a large bobby pin for extra support. You can see where we placed it in Katie’s hair. When inserting the bobby pin, go back against the hair, almost like you’re putting it inside the twist you just created!
Now gather all of the hair on the right, along with the hair left out from the other side and twist UP. Position it over the first twist and pin using a large bobby pin. Tuck the hair that’s left out into the twist and add a couple more bobby pins for security. If the hair is too short, just add an accessory like we did below!
Now using a hand mirror, check it out from the sides and back to make sure it’s well proportioned and balanced. Loosen it up with your fingers or pull some pieces out around your face if you want a more romantic vibe, then add a veil of hairspray.

Add a sparkly accessory and this will make a great New Years Eve updo for you shorties!

http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/12/short-stuff/

LaidBak

Well I tried LoL! My hair is much shorter than the girl in the pic. I still can't quite make two separate rolls. I've been fiddling with it, but I have a movie to go to, so I'm gonna go with it the way it is. Sorry these are so dark, I am using my phone.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120225_185620.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120225_185620.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20120225_185717.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120225_185717.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 81
  • ForumRunner_20120225_185753.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120225_185753.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 82

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
LaidBak said:
Well I tried LoL! My hair is much shorter than the girl in the pic. I still can't quite make two separate rolls. I've been fiddling with it, but I have a movie to go to, so I'm gonna go with it the way it is. Sorry these are so dark, I am using my phone.

LaidBak

I love it!!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
LaidBak said:

LaidBak

I love it! It won't be long before you can do 2 rolls.

Cocoeuro

A simple twist updo that I do often in the morning.

Pic 1: Start with a ponytail that is twisted or braided
Pic 2: Take a hair stick and twirl it around the twist or use a barrette.
Pic 3: Slide the stick down until it's tight. You can spread the twist until it's fatter for a thicker appearance.
Rest of Pictures are variations of the final look - spread out vs. not spread out.

doll, your hair is so shiny and thick!!!!

Ladies,

These styles are too cute! I will be trying them!!! :grin:

Bun Mistress

I tried the three braid bun on wet hair. The picture is fuzzy but it can out nice. I used Eco styler custard to gel the sides and braids.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120313_175830.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120313_175830.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 60
  • ForumRunner_20120313_175847.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120313_175847.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 47

kinkycurlygurl

Fancy!:yep:

@Lucia
@Ogoma
@Ann0804
@Keen
@mscocopuff
@DaiseeDay
@greenandchic
@NikkiGirl

Can't find the link to the tutorial, but I tried the 4-Twist Bun (not the real name). It was quick and easy - took less than 5 minutes:

To do:

1. Make a ponytail
2. Divide ponytail into 2 parts
3. Pin 1 part out of the way
4. Divide remaining tail into 2 parts
5. Twist 1 part until it winds down onto head (kinda like a pin curl) and pin
6. Repeat with next part
7. Unpin remaining hair
8. Split into 2 parts
9. Twist/wind and pin part 1
10. Twist/wind and pin part 2

Finished!

eta:
Lucia found the link - Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1jh-Wv2wg&feature=BFa&list=WL5B8C0E13E186B26B&lf=mh_lolz

LaidBak

www.hairromance.com/2012/09/30-braids-in-30-days-day-18.html?fb_action_ids=4170931

Attachments

• Hair-Romance-30-braids-30-days-18-the-low-Dutch-braid-bun.jpg
    Hair-Romance-30-braids-30-days-18-the-low-Dutch-braid-bun.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 29