Biotin Shampoo and/or conditioner....

Lava27

Hi Gals,

So lately I've been on this big biotin shampoo and conditioner kick, and I've never really used either. I first bought Jason Biotin shampoo, and noticed some increased thickness (i'm fine haired, 4ish, texlaxed), but nothing to write home (or LHCF:lachen:) about. So anyway, I then bought Avalon Biotin conditioner and I used it after washing with regualr shampoo (CON). I put on hair and left in for about 10 min. with palstic bag....welll good gracious! My hair was soooo thick when I rinsed out! And so heavy! I mean my normally feathery, weightless hair had weight! Wowee! I was so shocked. In past year I jumped on the henna bandwagon, which I love, but I daresay that this conditioner made my hair feel thicker! The only drawback was, much like protein treatment, my hair felt drier, and I didn't have time to use moisturizing conditioner after. Anyway, I was interested in hearing if others had this result with biotin shampoo or conditioner?? Do any of you use biotin conditioner and follow with a moisturizing conditioner? I'm thinking of trying this next time, and I'm very excited about what may happen. So tell tell....how do you topically use biotin hair products??

I currently have Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner and in the past used J/A/S/O/N Biotin.

I always Deep Condition after co-washing.:yep:

I use Mill Creek Biotin Poo and conditioner, every other week or so, and alternating with Mane n Tail Moisturizing Poo and Conditioner and my strands thickness is improving. I ALWAYS use a moisturizing conditioner after I use the Biotin Poo/condish... im seeing nice results.

I use Nature's Gate Biotin Shampoo. And it makes my hair soft after I rinse it out. First time a shampoo has ever done that. I'm not sure if it has made my hair thicker because my hair is already kind of thick anyway. I bought it because I was hoping it would speed up my growth and I wouldn't have to take the pill. :lol:

OP, since you said your hair felt drier, did the conditioner help out a little with that or not much? I always have this misconception that biotin shampoos strip the hair like some drugstore shampoos so that conditioner doesn't really help much.

i use mills creek biotin when i co wash and my hair LOVES it...i usually miz it with HEHH but I recently switched to NTM

OP, since you said your hair felt drier, did the conditioner help out a little with that or not much? I always have this misconception that biotin shampoos strip the hair like some drugstore shampoos so that conditioner doesn't really help much.

I had a very very bad experience with it just yesterday morning i got up early to wash and twist my hair after taking out my kinky twist i should have did a dc but i was rushed for time so i washed my hair and it was hard a dry and brittle mess. im newly natural and had no idea what the heck was going on i con-dished my hair 5 times after that and it was still hard i tried to do a quick 15 min caramel dc but that did nothing to help. i ended up using just about every product i own to get my hair soft enough for me to twist it might have been corrected with a good dc but i really didnt have the time but needless to say im returning the avalon biotin shampoo and conditioner on monday.

The up side to it i had the bomb twist out today and im going to try to keep it until tuesday but i think that has something to do with my shea pudding mix and some promenade that i used

So I only washed with CON and used the Avalon biotin conditioner, and didn't get a chance to use any other conditioner after. After reading one of the above replies, I think I'll do the same thing next time, but end with Banana Brulee, or one of my other moisturizing conditioners. I'll report back! (oh, and when I used the Jason biotin shampoo alone, my hair wasn't stripped. It was a little soft, but I pre-pooed with oil prior, so who can really say? )

Anyone using Nature's Gate Biotin Condish? It has protein high up on the list, I'm thinking of using it as a light protein conditioner.

Back