Best Pics of Natural Hair/Heads (Includes our Members): A Thread of Encouragement!!

glamazon386

Re: Best Pics of Natural Hair/Heads (Includes our Members): A Thread of Encouragement

Really cuz I am def not a 4a. That pic is a braid out. Check out my fotki and you will see I am def a 4b. But I guess it just depends. Oh well. Q

It was? See I thought that was your natural texture. I didn't know it was a braidout. That makes a difference then.

MrsQueeny

Re: Best Pics of Natural Hair/Heads (Includes our Members): A Thread of Encouragement

It was? See I thought that was your natural texture. I didn't know it was a braidout. That makes a difference then.

Yeah girl I wish that was my texture. A lot of people think that is my texture but it is just my braidout mind trick :lol: Q

ETA: Your hair is actually a looser texture than mine. Q

glamazon386

Yeah girl I wish that was my texture. A lot of people think that is my texture but it is just my braidout mind trick :lol: Q

ETA: Your hair is actually a looser texture than mine. Q

Hmm... I might have to try that. But my hair doesn't really like braidouts. It never comes out right. :nono:

mscocoface

Yeah, I saw that. But most of the people she's posted so far have long hair and have similar textures (curls). I didn't know if she was going to continue down that road or not. We wouldn't want 4bs or people with mixtures to feel left out.

She's adding more and believe me she has some 4B's coming. :yep:

mscocoface

Really cuz I am def not a 4a. That pic is a braid out. Check out my fotki and you will see I am def a 4b. But I guess it just depends. Oh well. Q

Awww, queeny you are most assuredly a 4B we look like twins. If you look at my twist outs it looks like I have a wave pattern to my hair. NOT! :lachen:

This type of hair is what I call CNapp. When dried with no product it does not hold coils or curls, it has no pattern and it looks like black cotton.

That is 4B hair. Stay encouraged bmoreflyygirl. If you want to look at textures like ours you can visit these two ladies who I view ALL the time.

kemi21 and okorolina40 they both have fotkis with lots of information, tutorials, hair regimens, etc. I am constantly in their sites and their hair is identical to mine.

I understand your frustration, you want to see more women who have hair texture like ours with length. There are some out there. I recommend that you get in touch with those who you have found already and keep going back to view their sites for encouragement.

We are getting there. There is a hairsite that is specifically for our hair texture which we call CNapp. It is fairly new and up and coming. The site is called www.cnappymenow.com. The goal is to deal with Cnapp hair in its natural state to obtain health and length.

Cocoberry great job, I am definitely going to use this for inspiration.

SparklingFlame

Yooooooo!!

This is one of the BEST threads I have ever seen!!!

BTW my albums have always been unlocked!

medina78

Well if you guys are 4b's.. is there anything coarser than a 4b? because im surely not 4b then, i have the kinkiest nappiest driest african grade 4 something hair even when i had a relaxer my hair was still nappy...dont let the pic fool you my hair is blow dried

http://public.fotki.com/medina78/

caligirl

That was so inspiring! Thanks for posting, coco.

mscocoface

Well if you guys are 4b's.. is there anything coarser than a 4b? because im surely not 4b then, i have the kinkiest nappiest driest african grade 4 something hair even when i had a relaxer my hair was still nappy...dont let the pic fool you my hair is blow dried

http://public.fotki.com/medina78/

You my dear are a CNapp, see the definition up above. Many of us 4Bs were having a difficult time with the title of 4B because it just did not describe our hair and the specific issues we have.

cici22

Great thread Cocoberry!!:yep:

glamazon386

Well Misscocoface, what's a cnapp? I've seen it mentioned on NP and tried to read about it but I just don't get it. I think my biggest issue with my hair is that it's fine. Even though it looks thick because of shrinkage and density, it's not. It has filled in some since I bced (I notice new little hairs all the time) so it's more dense now than what it was but it's still thin.

NewYorkgyrl

This is a GREAT thread!!:clap::clap::clap:

I can contribute a pic of when I did the BC...

Last edited:

Cheleigh

Well Misscocoface, what's a cnapp? I've seen it mentioned on NP and tried to read about it but I just don't get it. I think my biggest issue with my hair is that it's fine. Even though it looks thick because of shrinkage and density, it's not. It has filled in some since I bced (I notice new little hairs all the time) so it's more dense now than what it was but it's still thin.

BMore, a CNapp is a person whose hair doesn't form in any clumps at all--no spirals, no curls, no coils. The individual strands might be curly, but the hair itself looks like a cottony mass, fluffy clouds, or a tight afro when dry. Without a braidout/twistout, the CNapp hair doesn't have curl "definition" in the traditional sense.

I have a bit of CNapp hair, but generally my hair attempts to band together into coils, spirals, or s-waves. BMore, you and I have similar hair, I think, although you might have less 4b-esque hair than I do.

imstush

Great thread not only for transitioners but also for some of us naturals who get the urge to.......:grin:

:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

I agree! I changed my siggy once I saw all the pics!

glamazon386

BMore, a CNapp is a person whose hair doesn't form in any clumps at all--no spirals, no curls, no coils. The individual strands might be curly, but the hair itself looks like a cottony mass, fluffy clouds, or a tight afro when dry. Without a braidout/twistout, the CNapp hair doesn't have curl "definition" in the traditional sense.

I have a bit of CNapp hair, but generally my hair attempts to band together into coils, spirals, or s-waves. BMore, you and I have similar hair, I think, although you might have less 4b-esque hair than I do.

Thanks for the explanation. I would agree with you Cheleigh. Most of my hair does clump. Some clumps are bigger than others. When I got my hair highlighted he used the way my hair naturally clumps as a guideline. When my hair is in its natural state it looks like individual clumps/curls are highlighted. And then it looks like regular highlights when straightened.

cocoberry10

No problem. I'm going to try to add more pics (when I hear back from more people). Also, PM me any photos if you want me to add them. I'd like to show the beautiful variety of hair that we have on this board!

bludaydreamr

I am transitioning w/o the BC (10 months strong) for the first time since childhood. I love looking at the pics, and having all these examples of naturals together is even more encouraging. Thanks Cocoberry10! :yep:

NewYorkgyrl

am i vain for wanting to post my own Fotki link? :look:

public.fotki.com/ladylibra1982/

I asked myself that same question. But then I figured what the hell...if it can help a transitioner along the way who cares what other people will think.

ladylibra

I asked myself that same question. But then I figured what the hell...if it can help a transitioner along the way who cares what other people will think.

LOL okay, i don't feel so bad now! :grin:

awesome collection OP... :yep:

SEMO

This was so nice of you to do cocoberry. Seeing the natural heads on this board when I joined (like so1913, pokahantas, poohbear, etc.) definitely helped motivate me to transition successfully the second time around.

LayneJ

I didn't realize there were so many naturals on this board. I really loved seeing all the different lengths and textures and styles in this post.

Great thread Cocoberry!

Mestiza

Thanks for even thinking of me, cocoberry10! :wink2:

I am loving this thread, soooooo much!
The variety of beautiful hair on this site is such a wonderful thing.

I'm transitioning to natural. In January, I'll have two years of natural hair on my head. Currently, the natural portion of my hair is shoulder length (unstretched). I'm cutting along the way.

BrownSkin2

I am really enjoying this post. I'm realizing I'm definitely a C-Napp as well from the pictures posted.

tetbelle

Great thread!

You can check out my big chop in my Fotki and here is a pic that I really like. She is definately my hair twin this is how my hair was when I was natural before.

GoldenBreeze

Very nice thread cocoberry. I always enjoy the natural threads, and am amazed at the styling skill that the ladies have. Me, I just braid in one braid or put it in a bun.

favorc

SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE IT.:yep: