Beautiful Pin Curls - Shout Out To Balisi

Cinnabuns

What a great update!!! You're hair is coming along so beautifully. Girl you know that you one of my favorite natural inspirations here on the forum. :)

But anyways, I'm really lovin' those new photos of your pin-curls, please give me details on how you did them. I'd really like to know.

LaNecia

Ooooh, I gotta go see!! :bouncy:

ETA: Wow!! Her hair is soooooo pretty! :yep:

Last edited:

divinefavor

Balisi, girl your hair is beautiful!!! You make me want to go natural, but you already know how I feel about that. :lol: Maybe one day though I will get the guts to do it!

balisi

Thank you ladies! :D

Cinnabuns - I'm glad I can be an inspiration to you. :) To pincurl, I took a large section of hair and, starting from the ends, rolled it around both index fingers toward my scalp. I then lay the pincurl flat to pin it in place with long duckbill clips. It's easier to roll when there is already some bend to your hair. It's quick to do and easy to sleep on with a scarf or satin bonnet covering it.

Cinnabuns

balisi said:
Thank you ladies! :D

Cinnabuns - I'm glad I can be an inspiration to you. :) To pincurl, I took a large section of hair and, starting from the ends, rolled it around both index fingers toward my scalp. I then lay the pincurl flat to pin it in place with long duckbill clips. It's easier to roll when there is already some bend to your hair. It's quick to do and easy to sleep on with a scarf or satin bonnet covering it.

Thanks girl. I will have to try this soon. :)

balisi

Sunnygirl, I used a SuperStar flatiron that I purchased at a hair show, but I get similar results from my Jilbere.

Isis

I love your pincurl set! It looks so easy to do and even as it falls, as in your 3rd pic, it looks so much prettier than ever!:)

Last edited:

balisi

Isis said:
I love your pincurl set! It looks so easy to do and even as it falls, as in your 3rd pic, it looks so much prettier than ever!:)
Thanks Isis. Your hair is truly beautiful. :yep:

Sistaslick

Very Very Pretty girl! I love those pin curls! And they fall so nicely when they are down. I am still working on getting mine down too! Will be coming back to your album when I get ready to try them again!:grin:

secretdiamond

Beautiful healthy hair!! It looks relaxed! I love the highlights too. :yep:

How do you sleep with your hair at night to keep it looking so good?? Do you re-pin them?

lonei

That flat iron got your hair really straight, it looks great. What products do you use, do you have any problems detangling?

blackbarbie

Balisi,
Your hair did great within a year's time! Doesn't even look like the same head of hair. Your hair is really full and healthy looking and that flat iron did a number on it cause it's nice and straight...I'm loving the highlights too.

Was the bend that you already had in your hair only the bend from when you flat ironed it?

CinnaMocha

ITA, Balisi you hair is looking FAB! I am looking forward to more length and attempting pin curls of that size (but that will take some time)

balisi

Sistaslick, pincurls are the truth! I love the way they give the right amount of curl without added heat and are gentle on the hair.

balisi

secretdiamond said:
Beautiful healthy hair!! It looks relaxed! I love the highlights too. :yep:

How do you sleep with your hair at night to keep it looking so good?? Do you re-pin them?
Thanks! I did re-pin my hair at night, but even when I skipped a night, there was enough bend in the hair to last throughout the day. I placed my hair in a high ponytail and covered it with a sleep bonnet on the night that I was too lazy to re-pin it.

trinidarkie1

That is so pretty. Amazing Pincurls
You inspire me to go all natural, lol.
Who thought a flat iron could work wonders like that.

balisi

lonei said:
That flat iron got your hair really straight, it looks great. What products do you use, do you have any problems detangling?
Thanks lonei! I have and use lots of different products, but this time, I shampooed with Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream followed by Jessicurl Too Shea! conditioner, and Design Essentials Hydrating Leave-In. I applied Redken Active Express cream and allowed my hair to airdry for a while before blowdrying. Prior to flatironing, I sprayed Ion heat protectant all over. In the morning, I added a dab of Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant to help tame flyaways and to protect against humidity. I also added a little Profectiv Anti-breakage lotion to the ends at night. Detangling can be a problem, depending on how I wear my hair.

balisi

blackbarbie said:
Balisi,
Your hair did great within a year's time! Doesn't even look like the same head of hair. Your hair is really full and healthy looking and that flat iron did a number on it cause it's nice and straight...I'm loving the highlights too.

Was the bend that you already had in your hair only the bend from when you flat ironed it?
Thanks BB! It has come a long way. :yep: I'm amazed when I look back. Keeping the breakage under control is key. I was a little afraid that the highlights would cause breakage even though my hair is natural, but thankfully, I haven't had any problems with it. And yes, the bend came from using the flat iron just one time before I put in the pincurls.

balisi

CinnaMocha said:
ITA, Balisi you hair is looking FAB! I am looking forward to more length and attempting pin curls of that size (but that will take some time)
Thank you girl. :) Pincurls can be done on most lengths, although the shorter the hair, the more pincurls needed. Let me know when you try it.

balisi

Thanks yo, tishee and trinidarkie1! :)

Trini: going natural was the best thing I've ever done for my hair, but only you know what's best for you. And yes, the flatiron is a wonderful thing. :D

baglady215

WOW, that came out so pretty! That's a styling method that I know how to do but always forget about. I usually just wrap my flat ironed hair and end up with flat hair the next day. I will remember this!

CinnaMocha

balisi said:
Thank you girl. :) Pincurls can be done on most lengths, although the shorter the hair, the more pincurls needed. Let me know when you try it.
Thanks Balisi,

You know I tried your method of larger pincurls with my semi shoulder/neck length hair, it came out pretty decent and I didn't have to contend with flat limp hair since I didn't have to wrap it.

Usually when I do pin curl my hair in the small sections I usually get the curly/spiral affect. Your method is surely an alternative to sleeping on rollers and then quickly wrapping my hair the next morning after a rough nite. I will attempt it again tonite and part the sections into two (from what I did last nite that should be a little over 20 pincurls). Will definitely give an update.

Thanx, thanx, thanx