How do you make your curls last?

paradise1975

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to posting here although I've been lurking for a while :grin:. I have been struggling with keeping my rollerset curls any length of time. I have 4a natual hair and have managed to figure out how to do a good rollerset but this is the problem. When I used to relax I would pin my curl down with a bobby pin at night, put on a scarf then go to bed wake up I still had a beautiful curl. It would last about 4-5 days if I didn't get lazy. Now I do the same method but the curls don't look the same in the morning. I've tried putting my curls in sponge rollers at night, maybe I'm not doing it right. So I just wanted to know if you all could give me any tips on how to preserve my curls at night.

Thanks for all advice.

I had this problem when I first started out and because I have dry hair and I was getting very frustrated but I learned to use moisturizer(silken child moisturizer mixed with castor oil) on the length of my hair before rolling at night and now I have beautiful curls in the morning by the way I am relaxed

Back