Baggy...Why Do It?

luxe.li.

Hey LHCF!!

I just want to know what exactly is baggying?

I have an idea, and right now I believe I am baggying, but I want everyone to tell me how they baggy, and WHY?

And the set backs, I've heard people can over-moisturize hair. Is that for relaxed heads, or naturals too?

And how can you over-moisturize? I thought moisture was a good thing?

Thanks!!!

-Li

Too much of a good thing could lead to damage. Baggying is exactly what it sounds like, your 'bagging' your hair. This can be achieved by putting a plastic bag over your hair. You can baggy youre whole head (by putting on a showercap) or just your bun (put plastic over your bun)

The aim is to maintain a level of moisture in your hair all day or, for a certain amount of time. You can start off your baggy by lightly putting conditioners on your ends/hair and 'baggying'.

The caveat is that you can overmoisturize and actually cause damage. You know that you are overmoisturized because it will actually lead to breakage and your hair feels 'mushy'.

When I baggy my hair, I don't put anything in. I just put a showercap on my head and tie it down w a scarf when I get home. I do this in the winter months to keep my hair from drying out with all the heat.

HTH

Back