Ayurveda and Hair Butters (in terms of recipies)

grow

Hi Ladies!

I've been thinking about all of the towels and tissues I've been using with my oils, and though I love oil, I would also like the option of a thicker consistency.

I've noticed that once butters have been melted, it's just a matter of time before they are back to being solid again, so this brought me to a new idea that I'd like to run by you ladies to get a little feedback.

What do you think of: making an oil like amla, maka, hibiscus, etc. then melting butter and adding the oil to the butter in the liquid form, to then let it "dry" to its solid consistency to then have a "pomade" made of Ayurveda oils and hair butter?

If trying this, i believe the ratio might have to be more butter than oil in order to keep the solid form, but it just might make applying Ayurveda homemade oils alot less messy.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!:yep:

I haven't tried it myself but here's a recipe that I'm going to try and tweak a bit. Here's the link http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/08/regimen-building-go-ayurvedic-part-2.html
Herbal Hair Cream - Perfect for those looking for a nice creamy, all natural styler that offers a bit of hold. The Brahmi and Amla offer conditioning properties whilst promoting hair growth, and strengthening hair at the roots. The Shealoe leaves hair soft, smooth, manageable and shiny!
Try It:
1oz Shealoe Butter
3 tbs Brahmi Oil
3 tbs Amla Oil
Mix all ingredients well, add to sterile jar; store in cool area

I think it could work very well for you. I don't put heavy creams on my scalp, which is why I've never tried it.

I think it could work very well for you. I don't put heavy creams on my scalp, which is why I've never tried it.
thanks, and i understand about the heaviness.

i usually wouldn't do so either and especially not with this heat, but this is an idea i'd like to try more towards the winter when my hair and scalp cannot get enough moisture.

I haven't tried it myself but here's a recipe that I'm going to try and tweak a bit. Here's the link http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/08/regimen-building-go-ayurvedic-part-2.html
Herbal Hair Cream - Perfect for those looking for a nice creamy, all natural styler that offers a bit of hold. The Brahmi and Amla offer conditioning properties whilst promoting hair growth, and strengthening hair at the roots. The Shealoe leaves hair soft, smooth, manageable and shiny!
Try It:
1oz Shealoe Butter
3 tbs Brahmi Oil
3 tbs Amla Oil
Mix all ingredients well, add to sterile jar; store in cool area

thanks so much!

i LOVE that link and all of its recipies!

just perfect for an ayurveda junkie like me!:yep:

I have!
Murumuru butter
Bringraj oil (coconut oil base)
Sesame oil
Hibiscus powder
Rosemary EO
Lavender EO

Mix/whip desired amounts of each ingredient. Enjoy!

Last edited:
It's not indian herbs (good idea though op) but i recently mixed my shea butter (unrefined) with unref.org. coconut oil, org.jojoba, and vatika (it's solid and SO LIGHT).
One the best thing I've ever applied to my hair.

I just whipped up a batch of my shea butter mix but I haven't tried it yet. Before, I used shea butter, coconut oil, evoo, castor oil and sunflower oil and it was a nice creamy consistency...not really like a pomade. This time I added shikikai and amla oil so I'll let you know if it works as well as my last mix.

Back