Are Your Indian Products Really Expired?

Kamilah

I am begining to wonder if people are paying attention to what you are reading. There have been many posts about products being expired, but many Indian products are stamped based on when they were manufactured. For example, my Vatika that I have from last year is stamped "07/06" and then it says "use within two years of manufacture".

I'm just saying. It can't be that everyone is buying all this expired stuff and this would explain a lot of it. Just an FYI.

This certainly isn't to say that they can't be expired, I'm just saying we may be overlooking some thing.

Lakshmi S

you are right. say for example you get a box of Kalpitone manufactured 8/2007, you have until 8/2009 to finish it up. but most boxes are small so it should be used all at one time. that is also according to hair length.

Om Tat Sat

caribgirl

Awesome point, Kamilah! ITA with both of you ladies. I noticed that my Hesh box of Alma powder has the manufacturing date stamped on it which should not be confused with an expiration date:yep:. Happy AAA, ladies!

fivetimestwo

I agree that it's important to know how their "expiration" dates work. It's not necessarily the same system we use.

FYI...if your vatika oil smells like farm animals:cowgirl:...it's expried :lachen:

Apparently, it's not supposed to smell like that:ohwell:. I wish I'd have known that before I used it for a week and ultimately gave it away. So now my friend has it...I guess I should tell her it's expired, huh?

toniy

I never thought to look. I buy so much in bulk that I may have just kept things too long in my own house.

BTW, I have never had stinky Amla oil or Vatika, but I keep hearing others say that theirs stink. I was beginning to think that maybe I had the knockoff or old item.

Great thread, I am going to look now.

bellebebe

I know what you're saying but my aritha powders actually show that 2004 was the expiration date:nono:. I also brought the brahmi oil and it also had the expiration date on it... When I took it out of the box, it was hard as a rock with black mold growing on the side of it.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I know what you're saying but my aritha powders actually show that 2004 was the expiration date:nono:. I also brought the brahmi oil and it also had the expiration date on it... When I took it out of the box, it was hard as a rock with black mold growing on the side of it.

wow! Are you serious? Can you take it back?

DivaRox

That is a good point BUT when the manufacturing date says circa 1997(sadly, this is not an exaggeration) with a two year use by date it's not hard to figure out that it's expired. Some stores are just flat out selling old expired stuff:ohwell: The only way I've gotten unexpired goods is to order online.