ARE you "Considering" going NATURAL?

Lucia

you are cracking me up with these threads LOL. I plan on doing a very longgggg stretch!!! maybe a year or more. just so i can have BIGger hair.

Adora I'm loving your protective styles with the flowers too pretty, you've got to tell us how you do the bun in your siggy also where did you buy those beautiful flowers? TIA

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
I am like 70 weeks post and you know what? I still cannot decide whether I should go ahead and transition to natural. My biggest concern is the upkeep. How in the world would I wear my hair everyday? But my hair looks so beautiful and supple in it's natural state, I know if I relax- I will probably regret it....

Really stuck at a crossroads here...

70 weeks post?? :thud: :clapping: Impressive!! You betta not relax!! All that hard work be for naught....you obviously mastered how to deal with the 2 textures.

About how much relaxed hair do you have compared to your natural texture??

Jazzlyric

I am so mad at myself . I attempted to transition and went 7.5 months and relaxed in April. Well, i am it again , and I just think I would be at almost the year mark right now .....

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I am so mad at myself . I attempted to transition and went 7.5 months and relaxed in April. Well, i am it again , and I just think I would be at almost the year mark right now .....
wow!

if you get the urge to relax.... consider throwing some micro's in there really fast! (you probably won't waste your $$$.... thus will wear them for a while)
may give you time to way your odds.... reconsider considering!

blksndrlla

I'll decide eventually...Heat Damage has me wanting to just relax...darn those sections of curl-less-ness...

Jazzlyric

wow!

if you get the urge to relax.... consider throwing some micro's in there really fast! (you probably won't waste your $$$.... thus will wear them for a while)
may give you time to way your odds.... reconsider considering!

Thanks for the encouragement HairLAB ! :)

brucebettye

I am thinking about going natural. I have not permed my hair since Nov 2009. I want to transition for at least 18 months before I cut off my texlaxed hair.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
i"m thinking about it but i refuse to BC...i hate the phases of my hair when i do that and i dont want to do wigs and weaves.....decisions decisions

NikkiQ

I'm starting to get these uncontrollable curlies in the kitchen area guys and they REFUSE to lay down with the rest of my hair. help me!!!!

NikkiQ

Ain't that the truth!? I'm going through it alone(outside the forum) and there's no one I can relate to. At first, my friends were behind me 100%. But now they're starting to sound like my mom- "why don't you just perm it? it would be nice and long". The only people that still have my back is my best friend and my boyfriend. He is amazing. I can always count on him to make me smile when it comes to my HHJ.

Soliel185

I'm starting to get these uncontrollable curlies in the kitchen area guys and they REFUSE to lay down with the rest of my hair. help me!!!!

When I was growing out my nape (it was lined up when I relaxed) I would make tiny flat twists along the bottom edge of my hair and pin it with a bobby pin. It kept the hair protected while it grew out and kept my hairline looking neat.

NikkiQ

When I was growing out my nape (it was lined up when I relaxed) I would make tiny flat twists along the bottom edge of my hair and pin it with a bobby pin. It kept the hair protected while it grew out and kept my hairline looking neat.

:scratchch hmmm...that's an awesome idea! plus if it means my hair has any chance to look like yours, I'm all over it lol

MzV1991

I am 4 months post almost 5 and I have been taking care of my 2 textures without a problem. I was planning on perming at the end of the month because this was meant to be a long stretch but the closer I get to perm date I feel like transitioning. I have new growth but I blend it with twist outs and braidouts so well thnks to LHCF. But.......I am horrified of scissors so I don't think I will be able to trim like I'm supposed to. Last trim was june...how often must I trim my ends?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

[video=youtube;2zFucu7PRYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zFucu7PRYo[/video]

[video=youtube;ggzVEXNI5e0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzVEXNI5e0[/video]

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

[video=youtube;lEtaLC8g-D0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtaLC8g-D0[/video]

[video=youtube;YZu5n_94KnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZu5n_94KnM[/video]