Are these braids too small?

I wore braids about this size (see my album under dec 2003) and I experienced no breakage what so ever. I used 2 packages of humna hair and I wore them for 2 months. I did get a nice amount of growth. I will probaly get them again when my relaxer/texyurizer grows out a little.

Soslychic, the rule of thumb is that the hair attached to each section should be smaller than the section itself. More so if the extensions are going to be long and heavy. I believe you have to be extra careful with synthetic hair which IMHO is a bit heavier than human hair.

@ pookylou- u're so silly, that ain't me :rollin:
@Tonya, you look very nice in your braids. Do you remember how much the human hair costed? And did they slip at all when you washed?
@poohbear- yes my hair does have good elasticity, would that be a major deciding factor as to whether braids so small are going to be ok?
@nonie, thank you! that is exactly what i needed to know. i'll keep that rule in mind.

Thanks for the responses guys, keep em comin'
smile.gif

The hair was 20 a bag. When I washed I sectionedmy hair and braided it up to prevent slipping but towards the ends hwne I didn't braids it up. I never had any slipping. Mine were tied in though.

Back