APL 2012 Challenge

Mjon912

jprayze your bang looks really nice...did you hot curl it or roll it? I've always loved the flipped bang n wore it by flat ironing mine but ended up damaging that section a years ago...I havnt done it since

Onhergrind09

I'm in! I have been pretty much bunning my hair and letting it be, which is why I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I'm happy with the progress that my hair has been making. After cutting of 2-3 inches, I think my hair is rebounding nicely. I'm hesitant to claim APL, until I'm full APL, you guys let me know what you think. I wanted to wait and post when I straightened my hair, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. Excuse the boobage. This is where I'm at.

Attachments

• 20120624_132812.jpg
    20120624_132812.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20120624_133659.jpg
    20120624_133659.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20120624_155004.jpg
    20120624_155004.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20120624_155345.jpg
    20120624_155345.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 76

The Princess

I used the dominican ultimate starter package, includes the Silicon mix shampoo, silicon mix conditioner, crelo rinse, lacio lacio conditioner and a few other things. I followed up with Brocato serum and blowfried my hair. So far so good, no issues. Hair easy to detangle smooth once complete.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Onhergrind09 said:
I'm in! I have been pretty much bunning my hair and letting it be, which is why I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I'm happy with the progress that my hair has been making. After cutting of 2-3 inches, I think my hair is rebounding nicely. I'm hesitant to claim APL, until I'm full APL, you guys let me know what you think. I wanted to wait and post when I straightened my hair, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. Excuse the boobage. This is where I'm at.

Onhergrind09,
Your hair is nice and thick! LOL, you made APL 3-4 inches ago...claim it. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The Princess

I would say claim it. Whats your hair regiment.

Onhergrind09

KiWiStyle, thanks. If you say so I'm claiming it! In my mind, I'm always waiting for all my hair to reach the same length, lol.

The Princess, My regimen consist of M&S and using HTGE (almost) every night, DCing 1-2 times a week depending on my schedule, relaxing every 12-14 weeks, wearing my hair in buns 90% of the time, and using a comb for detangling once a week.

I'm claiming APL, but I'm sticking around until the front sections of my hair also get to APL.:yep:

lamaria211

Onhergrind09 said:

Congrats you look like u been holding out on us:)

Loving

Ok ladies...here is my length check.

The first pic was taken at my last T/U which was 7 weeks ago. The second pic was taken last week...my hair was not straight but here goes.

I know you ladies will let me know if I am at APL

Attachments

• DSCN0233.jpg
    DSCN0233.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN0247.jpg
    DSCN0247.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 45

NikkiQ

Ok ladies...here is my length check.

The first pic was taken at my last T/U which was 7 weeks ago. The second pic was taken last week...my hair was not straight but here goes.

I know you ladies will let me know if I am at APL

Your natural V made the APL mark lady. Congrats Loving!!! :weird:

NikkiQ

Girl why wait until you're full APL?? Claim that ish NOW!!! :lachen:

afrofaithful

@afrofaithful I'm aiming for full APL this year! I'll continue to check in with our fellow APL Ninjas as Vida Ninja to December 31, 2012! Full APL for me is when all of my hair (completely air dried) falls naturally at APL (or beyond!) :rocker:

I am planning on incorporating a dryer into my reggie very soon yet I have no flat iron or blow dryer to heat straight so a good ol' fashion pull test does it ;)

That's about MBL for me. Do you mean off of a WNG with full shrinkage? Honestly when I first came to this site APL was my goal. Now that I've got it I'm definitely going for BSL!

NikkiQ

You ladies are doing great! I can't wait til September's length check. There's gonna be so many graduates then!!!

xu93texas

@xu93texas,
Thanks Chica! I didn't get my roots relaxer straight because I had the setting on very low to accommodate my length. I really don't see much growth, maybe I'm being growth greedy ;-). There is no way I will claim APL with my thin hemline, I'm going to have to make a decision to cut, not trim them off to where my nape is. I'm hesitant because all I do is protective styles; my braid, buns and updo's, I won't be able to do them anymore until it grows back out. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Maybe the best thing to do is trim a little at a time; maybe an inch with every relaxer and not my nape.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This is what I'd do. My nape is much shorter than my crown b/c I'm growing out a bob cut. I leave my nape alone. I have to baby my edges/nape area. I think you should get a good trim with each relaxer; continue to baby your hair and protective styling. You'll be APL in no time. :grin:

sweetypoo705

Hi! Here's my update. I am currently 16 wks. Post so don't mind the non straightness:) I will be relaxing in mid August. I trimmed my ends last month so it may look shorter, but I am happy with my progress. I have been using WEN since April- I have noticed manageable new growth and overall great results. Keep up the excellent work and stay cool:)!

Last edited:

BBritdenise

Idk if I'm a member of this challenge but if not, I'd like to be. Here are pics of my current length.

Attachments

• image-1732253444.jpg
    image-1732253444.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image-2309566340.jpg
    image-2309566340.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 31

claud-uk

Shouldn't that be "hesitant to claim BSL"??? :lol:

Well done, that's amazing :yep:

jprayze

[USER=346679]Mjon912[/USER] said:
jprayze your bang looks really nice...did you hot curl it or roll it? I've always loved the flipped bang n wore it by flat ironing mine but ended up damaging that section a years ago...I havnt done it since

Thanks!!! Flat ironing and then I pin curl it nightly

TruMe

OK Ladies, I am officially moving on. I am super excited because my crown area has grown SO fast compared to the rest of my hair. I think I had several setbacks in my nape area so it is still at the length that it was before but that part was not the subject of this challenge, it was my crown and my front hairline. Good luck to the rest of the ladies in this challenge and look forward to seeing you in the BSL challenge next! Thanks for all the interesting and exciting posts that would always keep me entertained. I just love reading about everyone's hair stories (yes, I read every one of them!).

The bottom pic is where I was at the start of this challenge, the top pics are where I am now (I had to take a second shot because I couldn't believe the first one). It may not be clear but the hair that I am pulling is from the top of my head.

Attachments

• photo 1b2.JPG
    photo 1b2.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 80
  • photo 1b.JPG
    photo 1b.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 2b.JPG
    photo 2b.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 3b.JPG
    photo 3b.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 44

NikkiQ

TruMe said:
OK Ladies, I am officially moving on. I am super excited because my crown area has grown SO fast compared to the rest of my hair. I think I had several setbacks in my nape area so it is still at the length that it was before but that part was not the subject of this challenge, it was my crown and my front hairline. Good luck to the rest of the ladies in this challenge and look forward to seeing you in the BSL challenge next! Thanks for all the interesting and exciting posts that would always keep me entertained. I just love reading about everyone's hair stories (yes, I read every one of them!).

The bottom pic is where I was at the start of this challenge, the top pics are where I am now (I had to take a second shot because I couldn't believe the first one). It may not be clear but the hair that I am pulling is from the top of my head.

TruMe I absolutely LOVE your hair!! I wish my curls look like that when they get longer!!! What's your reggie woman??

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

lamaria211

Beautiful curls:clapping:

livinthevida

Hi Ladies! A CONGRATULATIONS here to all of the ladies who reached APL this June 2012! ;) I've officially joined the BSL 2012 Challenge!

I posted this update there too: Zero time now yet I'll return this evening to post my very first roller-setting pictures using Wild Growth Hair Oil (WGHO) applying ear to ends yesterday with Satin Foam Rollers!

Would be SO GREAT if we had a "double post" feature available here on LHCF that allows posting to more than one subscribed thread! I'll post a request to Suggestions, Requests, Q and A :grin:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hi Ladies! Well I didn't make to to APL, but once my hair flattens abit I will let you guys decide.

I finally got a touch-up, a color rinse and my ends trimmed. All I can say is, it was pure torture! The relaxer completely burned my hairline the second my hairdresser put it on my hair :nono: I had tears running down my face from the pain. I have no idea why it hurt so much. I luv the end results but I don't think I can go through that again. My next relaxer will be 1/1/2013. If it's too painful again then in July 2013, I will cut and go natural:yep:

I plan on postings pics. For relaxed ladies, what to do when you get scabs from the relaxer?

MsSonya

^^Pelohello. So sorry to hear about your relaxer experience. When I was going to the salon for my press on my natural hair. I would envy all the relaxers that the ladies were getting. And this very thing made me come to my senses. I dont miss relaxers at all. :)
Well, I henna yesterday, I am deep conditioning now with heat for about 30 mins. Hopefully, I can put my hair in an updo bun.

lamaria211

pelohello said:
Hi Ladies! Well I didn't make to to APL, but once my hair flattens abit I will let you guys decide.

I finally got a touch-up, a color rinse and my ends trimmed. All I can say is, it was pure torture! The relaxer completely burned my hairline the second my hairdresser put it on my hair :nono: I had tears running down my face from the pain. I have no idea why it hurt so much. I luv the end results but I don't think I can go through that again. My next relaxer will be 1/1/2013. If it's too painful again then in July 2013, I will cut and go natural:yep:

I plan on postings pics. For relaxed ladies, what to do when you get scabs from the relaxer?

So sorry about your relaxer experience:( try aloe for the burns. did you scratch before u went to the salon? What relaxer did she use?

Guinan

Re-Branding
So sorry about your relaxer experience:( try aloe for the burns. did you scratch before u went to the salon? What relaxer did she use?

Thanks. She used Mizani Butter Blends. I didn't scratch before I went. Normally for a relaxer I prep by:
DC/Co-Wash on Thursday, then I blow dry on Friday morning and wear a fro until my hair appointment which is always on Sunday. The only thing I did different was I applied crecepelo to my hair before my dc on thursday.

There's an aloe plant at my job. I am going to cut a stem & use the aloe from that. I just hope I don't have any bald spots.