Anyone wish we could have healthy hair clinics?

frida1980

I was just thinking on how sad it is to see so many people with damaged over processed hair around us. How nice would it be if we had healthy hair clinics or conferences? Just some sort of conference where the black women would be invited in to see just how to get your hair long and healthy. I think there'd have to be both large presentation that show people that have grown their hair out and what they used. And they individual booths were women go in and are hair typed and see demonstrations on products and regimens.

Of course traditional stylist would run them out on a rail but... it's nice to dream.

It would be nice, but people still have to want to acquire the knowledge and make a change. There's a million and one fitness centers, health clinics, and health food stores, yet obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. run rampant. Some of it is genetic, but mostly people don't want to make the lifestyle change.

It would be nice, but people still have to want to acquire the knowledge and make a change. There's a million and one fitness centers, health clinics, and health food stores, yet obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. run rampant. Some of it is genetic, but mostly people don't want to make the lifestyle change.

Very true. Relaxers, just like fast food and cars, make life convenient and women will come up with all sorts of excuses to avoid something so easy. But I think there are many women that spend a lot of times at a salon and want to learn how to really help their hair. Maybe that's just 10% of black women. That's still almost 2 million people.

A healthy hair clinic - what a concept! I don't think it's too much to expect that ALL salons should already be healthy hair clinics! :look:

There's a salon where I live that does offer such demonstrations and lectures. It's a great place, really. They don't focus on length, but the owner does focus on healthy hair, and even teaches women how to take care of their hair at home.

I just wonder how many people would actually take advantage of it...people want a quick fix and to right the years of wrong that people have done to their hair would take time, energy, and money...I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I don't know...It is a nice idea, though- DEFINITELY!!!

I think it's a good concept and you should start one in your city. I plan to do one in mine when I reach my goal length. :yep:

Start one? I don't really have the means to do something like that...

Start small and build your way up. Rome was not built overnight. I think the concept would catch on pretty fast too.

As a matter of fact, a couple of past members have already started holding these and from what I heard it was successful.

Start small and build your way up. Rome was not built overnight. I think the concept would catch on pretty fast too.

As a matter of fact, a couple of past members have already started holding these and from what I heard it was successful.

Really? I'd like to hear more about them. Do you have any details?

I was just thinking on how sad it is to see so many people with damaged over processed hair around us. How nice would it be if we had healthy hair clinics or conferences? Just some sort of conference where the black women would be invited in to see just how to get your hair long and healthy. I think there'd have to be both large presentation that show people that have grown their hair out and what they used. And they individual booths were women go in and are hair typed and see demonstrations on products and regimens.

Of course traditional stylist would run them out on a rail but... it's nice to dream.

I think it's a good concept and you should start one in your city. I plan to do one in mine when I reach my goal length. :yep:

Start one? I don't really have the means to do something like that...

Agreed! I think you should frida! Have you ever heard of meetup.com? Start a meetup group like that. Other like minded women. Share knowledge, etc. My aunt has one: Ohio Nappturals (Columbus, OH) - Meetup

Agreed! I think you should frida! Have you ever heard of meetup.com? Start a meetup group like that. Other like minded women. Share knowledge, etc. My aunt has one: Ohio Nappturals (Columbus, OH) - Meetup

Wow i thought i was the only one that felt like this. I see so many young girls and teenagers with soooo much damage to their hair. I often have sat in the hair dresser and see young ladies come in and their hair is all broken and fried asking for touch ups, and im shocked that beauticians do it. I think hair clinics are an excellent idea. Learning what hair is how to maintain it, what is good and not good for hair is great. I have often told my previous beautician what to put in my hair and recommendations i've read on this forum and they would have no clue about the information on good hair maintenance. This site is so important and beneficial to all of us. I have learned tons here.

I would love one of these. In fact, in a BSS I went to today, a lady was talking one-on-one with other ladies about hair growth and really healthy hair. I didn't want to be busted eavesdropping so I turned the corner after a while. She was doing it for free!

Back