Anyone ever confuse frizzy hair with split ends?

Lilmama1011

And is frizzy hair an actual sign of unhealthy hair? I assume anyone can get frizzy hair but I remember someone told me it's a sign of unhealthy hair and I dont see how when moisture from humidity is just absorbed into the cuticle and the strand swells. I know what a actual split end looks like but I'm talking about someone has frizzy hair and you hear someone say "wow her hair is so damaged" but when you actually look at the strands they aren't split, they are just frizzy. That why i ask has anyone confuse frizzy with split ends because I think many people trim unnecessarily because they confuse the two. I also heard the frizziness can be caused by the cuticle layers not laying flat so it's a porosity problem but cuticle layer not laying flat sound like split ends to me :/

I'll like to know as well because my hair can get frizzy sometimes despite being well-moisturized and feeling soft.

I use to but you know what I have found with my hair? Most of the hair that is frizzy now on my head is my new hair. I see a lot of new hair that is growing in and some long pieces too. I have learned to not worry so much about it even though I love when I am frizz free. Until I read about the hair life and the hair growing in to replace the old hair I would always think there was something wrong with my hair.

I have also notice that when someone is wearing their own hair you will see those new hairs sticking up and flying lol. But ladies in a weave you will not see those hairs sticking up on top of their heads.

My ends can look frizzy too...I'm texlaxed and keep my ends trimmed but it still looks frizzy..so I'm guessing its just the texture..idk though.

I used to but then realized that my hair is naturally dry, needs lots of moisture, and frizzes up easily if I don't use the right products.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

my hair texture is naturally cottony but is more so when its dry....moisturizing and sealing is key for me, plus i use additional product on the on the last 1-2 inches.

Back