Anybody pushing for CL here?

AvaSpeaks

Anybody pushing for CBL (CollarBone Length) here?

I know we got a lot of ladies on here that are pushing past SL or beyond. And I also know there is a Short Hair Thread. But what about us ladies that are in between?

Are they any ladies here really pushing to get to CL or below CL? I asked that because I know that there are some of us that have had Neck Length or Chin Length pretty much all of their life and maybe getting their hair to the Collar or below would be a great achievement for them :strong:

So, am I the only one here pushing for that goal or are people just jumping from Chin length to below SL and I'm just out here alone in the cold :pullhair:

Last edited:
Hey girl, I am pushing collar bone, even though I started a SL challenge!:blush: But my hair is about CL at this point, so I'm there...

Congrats girl! Were you Neck or Chin Length most of your life? Or did you cut your hair?

Anybody here started off Chin or Neck Length and since getting on this board, they are now CL or below? I checked my hair today and I'm on my way, but my hair is natural so the shrinkage is :pullhair:

But I have Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4 hair mixed in together, no joke so the shrinkage is not severe but it's not accurate either.

I've been struggling to get to collarbone all year.... and I started at the bottom of the neck. :perplexed Maybe next year I'll be full SL. :yep:

Congrats Fran! See this is kinda why I like to measure my hair in inches rather than CL or SL because right now my hair is in layers.

Like the back of my hair is SL but I know that I am not SL, it's just that the back is about the same length as some of the rest of my hair and it's hanging on the back. I think when I can really tuck in the front and the sides under my chin, then I know that my hair is really growing and pushing for length :strong:

Congrats Fran! See this is kinda why I like to measure my hair in inches rather than CL or SL because right now my hair is in layers.

Like the back of my hair is SL but I know that I am not SL, it's just that the back is about the same length as some of the rest of my hair and it's hanging on the back. I think when I can really tuck in the front and the sides under my chin, then I know that my hair is really growing and pushing for length :strong:

My sides and crown have been holding me back :perplexed but I think I've finally grew out the last top layer (crown) and sides are moving along......slowly.

This year I've had to trim the front and back to even out the layers....

I just want to move past my shoulders without many layers. The upside is that my hair is very thick.

I've been thinking about measuring in inches that's a good point. :yep:

Yeah because my hair on top is 8 inches, and I don't think it's ever been 8 inches natural before.

And the hair on the low part of my sides and my back area is 6 inches, and that's never happened before, so I know that my hair is growing but I just want it to grow to a visible length where again, I actually see it getting longer than it's ever been.

Congrats girl! Were you Neck or Chin Length most of your life? Or did you cut your hair?

Anybody here started off Chin or Neck Length and since getting on this board, they are now CL or below? I checked my hair today and I'm on my way, but my hair is natural so the shrinkage is :pullhair:

But I have Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4 hair mixed in together, no joke so the shrinkage is not severe but it's not accurate either.

I had hair down to my butt for almost my whole life, then my parents let me handle it and I started cutting it and whatever...now I'm striving for something more.

It's just Collarbone length hair. ALOT of people try to pretend they have SL but really, it's hair that comes either right on top or around the collarbone. It's not long hair and most sistas can get to that length easy.

If you went to high school in the late 80's and 90's, lots of sistas were able to get their hair to their collar and had like alot of cuts and styles, but collarbone length is still short hair, it's not SL or near SL but for someone that has been having hair only to their neck or the lower part of their chin, then CL on this board would be a great stepping stone.

To me, any length is a mile stone...I shaved one side of my head last year, like Kelis...and it took a while to grow back, with a perscription growth aide!

It's just Collarbone length hair. ALOT of people try to pretend they have SL but really, it's hair that comes either right on top or around the collarbone. It's not long hair and most sistas can get to that length easy.

If you went to high school in the late 80's and 90's, lots of sistas were able to get their hair to their collar and had like alot of cuts and styles, but collarbone length is still short hair, it's not SL or near SL but for someone that has been having hair only to their neck or the lower part of their chin, then CL on this board would be a great stepping stone.

Really I thought by CL she was asking about Classic Length not Collar Bone Length. Maybe I misread the original post.

Edited to add, I misread the original post. There are so many acronyms to keep up with :spinning:

Last edited:
Really I thought by CL she was asking about Classic Length not Collar Bone Length. Maybe I misread the original post.

Edited to add, I misread the original post. There are so many acronyms to keep up with :spinning:

What is classic length?!?!

CBL

lf143.jpg

SL

Kyra%20Pic%20Removed%20Noise%20AND%20EnhancedCopyRight.jpg

CL
lhc_classic.JPG

Last edited:
:look: based on the info here- I guess I'm brushing "Classic" length :cry: but my front hair is like a fringe...

Last edited:
What is classic length?!?!

Classic Length (which is what CL is usually known for on this board) is really looooong hair...I'm talking tailbone and below...at least, that's the impression I've gotten from the board; but what do I know?:ohwell:

for easier distinction between collarbone and classic

CBL = collarbone
CL = classic.

that's how i'm used to seeing it.

i guess i'm collarbone length then (just a little past it)
i always thought collarbone was longer than shoulder
so i just assumed that i was shoulder length
but since it's shorter and i'm around there...i'll say collarbone now.

Re: Anybody pushing for CBL (Collarbone Length) here?

To clear up the confusion. I will say who is pushing for CBL (collarbone length).

And no, collarbone length is shorter than SL. It's where your collarbone is or your clavical bone. That's above your shoulder.

And most of those pictures are longer than true collarbone length. I think it's something we all have seen before but we just didn't realize that's what it was. the pic above model Kyra and the first pic in the trio of pics are good examples of Collarbone length, but that length is still shorter than even those pics.

I mean think back to your high school days in the later 80's and 90's. It's hair that's longer than Neck length, it's like when you had a wrap and the lowest part of your hair was just scraping below your collar on your shirts.

For someone who has been Neck or Chin length, this is a good marker for them. Did I clear it up for you guys :grin:

Last edited:
Right! I mean I have never had hair longer than the bottom of my neck so for me to make a goal of SL, right now, it's not realistic. My hair may get to shoulder length but just wanted to know if there are some ladies that either feel left out or discouraged and are really trying to find a good goal for them that they may feel is a little easier to reach first.

Then of course, if my hair pushes CBL and beyond, then I will start to make the bigger goals :grin:

But my hair has to grow first :nono:

Thank you for explaining that AvaSpeaks.
I'm very shy about showing this, but could you tell by this photo where I am?
Thanks
HP
_

Last edited:
Thanks
HP

Your hair looks very thick... you're about where I am now which is bottom of neck. SL isnt too far away...you got about 2 inches!!

Last edited:
Thanks
HP
Nov%2B2007.jpg

Howdy! Definetely full CBL :goodone:
I would say that you are pushing fast to SL hair. But yeah, this is a good example of a person who is fully CBL; not really by or touching or shoulders, but longer than Neck Length.

I want your hair :superbanana:

Your hair looks very thick... you're about where I am now which is bottom of neck. SL isnt too far away...you got about 2 inches!!

Looking at Soul Glo ad reminds me of something. Back in the 80's, lots of brothers and sisters that had those Jerri curls, they could get to Collarbone easy.

Remember when you would see those guys with the greasy collars and hair hanging just over their collars, that's CBL.

Howdy! Definetely full CBL :goodone:
I would say that you are pushing fast to SL hair. But yeah, this is a good example of a person who is fully CBL; not really by or touching or shoulders, but longer than Neck Length.

I want your hair :superbanana:

:superbanana: Thanks.
I'm so used to looking at all of these people with long hair that it's nice to be a part of "something". I'll have to get used to the CBL - abreviation...collar bone length...right?
I 'never' dreamed of someone saying that they want 'my' hair. Thanks for the confidence. :yep:
I hope to reach shoulder length by June. Don't know if I can, but I'm certainly going to give it a go. :yep:

Last edited:
Exactly! That's what I'm talking about. So many people on the board are pushing for these long goals but again I guess my point was if you always had short hair, and we want to think positive, then that means that we have to break this down a little bit. And trust me, if my hair was at least 2 inches shorter than High Priestess, then that would be longer than it has even been.

However, since coming to this board, my hair is longer than it ever has been. My hair in the back is 6 inches and is below my collar, pushing my shoulders when straight. But that's just because it's in the back :nono:

Back