Any Long Fine Hair Naturals?

I ran out of time and was only able to leave the SM Argan and Almond DC on while in the shower. My hair seemed moisturized even from that! I plan to do a proper DC with it soon.

So I purchased Camille Rose Coconut Water leave in because it is supposed to be good for fine hair. Idk ya'll I'm on the fence w these products because like I said in a previous post that first inch of new growth is like so rough feeling and I can't figure out why. But the length feels so soft. I haven't had a relaxer in years but it's like "scab" hair people talk about. Super frustrating.

I have to try putting product in wet hair another try. I hate putting creamy product in soaking wet hair. It makes my hair feel like crap when it dries. Maybe I was just using the wrong products idk
Your results with applying products to soaking wet hair reads coincidentally like the trait of high porosity hair. My best WnGs are with damp/towel dried hair. Past 2 wks though I tried the soaking wet method I see all over YouTube (again) and I experimented with new products and my tried and true products but my results remained mostly dry feeling even after the cast worn off.

Experiment for yourself to see what happens, it’s the only way we’ll learn the complexities of our hair.
It’s better explained below in this blog

https://trulycoilyme.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/natural-hair-high-porosity-dry-wash-n-gos/

Last edited:
Your results with applying products to soaking wet hair reads coincidentally like the trait of high porosity hair. My best WnGs are with damp/towel dried hair. Past 2 wks though I tried the soaking wet method I see all over YouTube I experimented with new products and my tried and true products and my results remained mostly dry feeling even after the cast worn off.

Experiment for yourself to see what happens, it’s the only way we’ll learn the complexities of our hair.
It’s better explained below in this blog

https://trulycoilyme.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/natural-hair-high-porosity-dry-wash-n-gos/

Yes, I have high porosity hair. Its colored but I'm stopping that too. I'm on a mission to not use heat for at least a year or color anymore. I didn't even think of my porosity in regard to how I apply product.

So I purchased Camille Rose Coconut Water leave in because it is supposed to be good for fine hair. Idk ya'll I'm on the fence w these products because like I said in a previous post that first inch of new growth is like so rough feeling and I can't figure out why. But the length feels so soft. I haven't had a relaxer in years but it's like "scab" hair people talk about. Super frustrating.

I wonder if the difference in texture is because you’ve been using heat on the length on a regular basis? Maybe heat damage loosening your curl?

Yea, that's what I've been thinking too :(
Or maybe it's from coloring your hair..
I know that my natural hair is much rougher than my texlaxed hair and it needs different treatment. I still don't exactly know what are the things that soften it up but I know that sometimes it becomes very soft, moisturised and defined. Then we are back to dry frizz city. I'm working on figuring it out.

Back