Amla oil 1st ingrediant is MINERAL OIL? I went to Indian Grocer today

PassionFruit

so there is an Indian Grocer a few blocks from my church and the PJ in me has been DYING to go in... so today since I was kidless, I did...

so I got the Amla oil and just looked at bottle.. was SURPRISED to see mineral oil as 1st ingredient in the Amla Oil.. I have other oils Im happy with at the moment ( Coconut, Castor, Almond plus more) and that I need to use up but I will use the Amla oil in my Henna mix...

was also surprised to see the Hydroquinone stuff that folks have been wondering about and I wonder how many times I overlooked it before
he had no Shikakai oil, Alma Powder or Shikakai powder but said he had it on order and would have it before my next visit...

he DID have the Dabur Amla Oil ( and plenty of it) as well of LOADS of Henna powder... and even had Henna Paste but I was scared to mess with it... He had so many different kinds of Henna and they were so cheap that I had to buy a few.. now I dont know which one to try first... this one says it has Shikakai & Amla powder in it already...

and then there were these among about 5 other brands... the grocer said they were all basically the same

MissMasala5

I use Hesh amla, brahmi amla and shikakai oils. They all contain MO, so I only use them for prepoo oilings. My Dabur vatika oil and Banyan bhringaraj oils don't have MO, so I use them between washes. I have been using the oils since last November and I love what they have been doing for my hair and scalp so far.

JustKiya

:look: Yeah, my dabur amla oil has MO as the first ingredient - I was horrified, myself. I don't use it for pre-poos, only for scalp massages, and I have to admit.. I love it. :perplexed

I'm still planning on getting a coconut oil based one, next time.