Advice Plz: Less Heat or Less Relaxers?

What will aid in maximum length retention/healthy hair?

• Less Heat

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • Less Relaxers during the year

Votes: 26 23.9%

• Total voters

tryingto

Serenity_Peace said:
I'mma go with the others on this and say less heat with an added relaxer. I relax 3 times a year myself and it has improved my hair. I still have work yet to be done but my hair is in better shape overall.

I agree, less relaxing has thicken my hair up a great deal, and it is in much better shape, an occasional flat iron, is as far as I will go as far as direct heat goes,

newflowers

Relaxed or natural, heat can be the hair killer, probably more so on relaxed hair. Definately less heat.

I made my first stretch to 10 weeks; I think I can do it again, so that means relaxing five, maybe six times a year. Not too bad. When I deep condition, I try to get under the dryer for 15-30 minutes, but other than than, I use no heat at all. It has made such a siginificant difference in my new LHCF hair.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Definitely less heat. I say that because i don't use heat at all. I retouch every 3-4 months and I retain a lot of length.

beana

definitely less heat... even with the added relaxer, you're still going long enough in between to avoid overlapping

SouthernTease

How about both...
Less heat & less relaxing.
It's not really practical for everybody
but I've retained most of my length
when I cut relaxers out of my life
and when I decided to use heat once
every 3 months... it's not for everybody.
Depends on how much you're willing to
sacrifice to reach your hair goals.