A Family in Need of Strength...

Carolie

I'm usually not one one to request prayer, but a huge tragedy has struck my family and I am at a loss...

On Wednesday my stepfather, Mark, was working under an elevator when 40 minutes into their work, it somehow became unlocked and fell on him, ending his life of 45 years.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories...by-elevator-most-likely-never-heard-it-coming

He left behind my 2 young half brothers (17 and 16). For my younger brother and I, this is the second time we've lost a father suddenly, ours dying 9 years ago from a brain tumor he didn't know he had at age 49.

Mark was easy going, caring, with an infectious smile and gentle demeanor. He'd give the shirt off his back for anyone and never judged, giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. He was a hard working family man who adored his boys and helped raise my brother and I as if we were his own children. He was a by the book employee who did his best to provide for us no matter how hard his work was so we could have a house to live in as a family.

We are in desperate need of help to get through this... especially, my mother, Annette. They were together for 20 years and as much as I loved my dad, my stepfather was the one person who *truly* made my mother happy. I could never, ever thank him enough for loving her the way she deserved and more.

Her heart is in so much pain... It hurts me to see my mother who was always so strong fall apart and me being helpless to ease the pain.

I would appreciate all of you ladies keeping us, his family and friends in your prayers... Thank you so much.

stephluv

Carolie-

:bighug:I'm so sorry precious! Definitely will be praying for the strength of your family and you during this tough time...Losing someone is not easy but time will help to get over the pain and remember the great times. Sending my condolences to you and yours.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Dearest Carolie: :kiss:

I'm praying for you, Precious Heart. I also sent you a PM.

Praying for you and your family.

Love,
Shimmie

frizzy

My heart truly goes to out to you and your family in this time of loss. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Carolie

Thank you all so, so very much. My family and I truly appreciate it... We had the memorial last night and it turned out so wonderfully in the way he would have loved. I never realized how many friends he really had until I walked in to a full sanctuary. It took all I had to not cry then... I'm also so proud of my brothers who stayed strong despite their tears, and I surely have you amongst other to thank for that.

We will keep all of you in our prayers as well. <3