3a-3c naturals with trouble growing hair long

BraunSugar

I agree with everyone saying protein. I use light to moderate protein treatments every 3 weeks or so. My hair is fine, low to medium density, and porous. Heavy protein treatments are too much for my hair. I do not PS often and I know that use of protein has been key in my length retention. My hair is just at apl but this is the longest it has ever been since I started caring for my own hair. Something else that has helped me a lot is sealing my hair. Grapeseed oil and crisco both worked well for me for that purpose.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I used this stuff after my co-wash or when I'm trying to detangle. It really, really helps me with breakage and splits.

Attachments

• LeaveInHairandScalpTreatment.jpg
    LeaveInHairandScalpTreatment.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 41

candy626

BBritdenise said:
Can I overnight dc with motions treatment conditioner?

I would not. It sounds like your hair is already exposed to too much conditioner. Your hair stops absorbing after a while and will just get more limp.

Find a good protein based conditioner that you can use during the day.

Ltown

Greyland
Protein has been my friend I've used it even when I was relaxed. I used infusion 23, aphogee 2 min, drc 28 once a month. IMO if you have 2-3 textures of the 3's you may have to use the products different on all. After being natural this time for 2 years I finally figure that my 3b hair need less products than the 3c. It's a pain in the @#@#@ imo because when I'm in a rush and use too much I'm stuck with a bun. The best detangler for me is mane tail it cheap and it works.

Kindheart

Hi my hair is 3b/c and it doesn't grow very fast ,i would say my growth rate is avarage .
I had a few setbacks ,heat damage,relaxers ruined my hair even knowing how to take care of it.
I find my hair likes jojoba oil ,heavy conditioners,spray moisturizers and butters .Hatea glycerin,mineral oil and propylene glycol .

Cowashing makes my hair thin out as it thrives when it's not manipulated.Also,really products or conditioner add weight to my hair making it shed .