2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
baddison, as much as I would love to agree and blame the weather, it's all me. I've never been good at stretching beyond 10 weeks. I will give it one more week and assess.

Here's what I posted in the transitioning thread. I'm hanging out there to learn how to stretch....

Keeping the hair stretched after detangling really makes a world of a difference. I was struggling with my hair the earlier part of the week -- breakage more than I liked. I didn't run from it, I kept detangling with being as gentle as I could and braided the hair. The next time I took it down to run the comb through it, hardly any breakage. I re-braided it, took it down a few days later, again hardly any breakage. I'm impressed.

xu93texas
KiWiStyle
shortdub78
yoli184
Altruisticoam
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

Hey Buddies...promise you won't kick me out of the group...pretty please...:). I'm still a relaxed/texlaxed head but I'm going for a long stretch...not saying the T word yet but I really want my thickness back. I'm joining xu93texas and EnExitStageLeft in the not ready to say the T word (not the real title) thread. I'm 17+ weeks post and planning on going as far as I can to get the thickness and strength back. Wish me luck!

xu93texas KiWiStyle shortdub78 yoli184 Altruisticoam EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hey Buddies...promise you won't kick me out of the group...pretty please...:). I'm still a relaxed/texlaxed head but I'm going for a long stretch...not saying the T word yet but I really want my thickness back. I'm joining xu93texas and EnExitStageLeft in the not ready to say the T word (not the real title) thread. I'm 17+ weeks post and planning on going as far as I can to get the thickness and strength back. Wish me luck!

You got this Cattypus1
I'm going as far as I can to. My first goal is 6 months and then I'm gonna keep moving forward.

xu93texas
KiWiStyle
shortdub78
yoli184
Altruisticoam
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

Hey Buddies...promise you won't kick me out of the group...pretty please...:). I'm still a relaxed/texlaxed head but I'm going for a long stretch...not saying the T word yet but I really want my thickness back. I'm joining xu93texas and EnExitStageLeft in the not ready to say the T word (not the real title) thread. I'm 17+ weeks post and planning on going as far as I can to get the thickness and strength back. Wish me luck!

I just relaxed, but I'm going for April. We are your hair family, so we are sticking together! I've been in the health forum lately. I'm getting rid of this baby weight! I am back to pre pregnancy weight, but I want 10 lbs off. I want nice thick past SL hair and I want to be skinny by my birthday!

I just relaxed, but I'm going for April. We are your hair family, so we are sticking together! I've been in the health forum lately. I'm getting rid of this baby weight! I am back to pre pregnancy weight, but I want 10 lbs off. I want nice thick past SL hair and I want to be skinny by my birthday!
Thanks, girl. I have learned so much and gotten so much support from my hair Fam and I don't want to lose you guys. I want that thickness too. I went back to WW... again because I ain't got time for this weight gain and I'm too short to be wide...LOL! Too old for skinny, I'm going for healthy. Got about 18 lbs to go get me to back to fightin' weight.

xu93texas KiWiStyle shortdub78 yoli184 Altruisticoam EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hey Buddies...promise you won't kick me out of the group...pretty please...:). I'm still a relaxed/texlaxed head but I'm going for a long stretch...not saying the T word yet but I really want my thickness back. I'm joining xu93texas and EnExitStageLeft in the not ready to say the T word (not the real title) thread. I'm 17+ weeks post and planning on going as far as I can to get the thickness and strength back. Wish me luck!

You go girl!!! I'm cheering you on and living vicariously through you so keep trucking! If I ever figure this texlaxed thing out and stop being lazy about styling I might meet you ladies on the other side. Cheers to thickening and strengthening!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

baddison sunnieb, Luprisi, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright, pre_medicalrulz....
Ok ladies, I used EnExitStageLeft's detangling mix and my hair detangled like a dream, for once! I'm so impressed. Breakage is still not right and tight but at least my hair is smooth and tangle free. That's a first. My next goal will be minimizing breakage now that I got the tangle monster punked.

I'm glad you found something to get the breakage under control. I'm now 10 weeks post but it feels like I'm 6 months post. I don't know if you all remember but I used a texturizer last time after stretching for 22 weeks and left my hair seriously underprocessed. Im learning to deal with my textures and am not considering texturizing anytime soon. So far so good!

baddison sunnieb, Luprisi, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright, pre_medicalrulz....
Ok ladies, I used EnExitStageLeft's detangling mix and my hair detangled like a dream, for once! I'm so impressed. Breakage is still not right and tight but at least my hair is smooth and tangle free. That's a first. My next goal will be minimizing breakage now that I got the tangle monster punked.

EnExitStageLeft
divachyk

I am currently 12 weeks but planning to stretch to 17 weeks. This is the longest stretch I have ever done and I am noticing more issues with detangling. It's not too bad right now but I can only imagine it will get worse so I plan to make Enexitstageleft's detangling mix for this weekends wash day. Can't wait to try it after hearing how well it worked for Divachyk. Thanks for sharing this!

Hey buddies, tu went well except my hair is so dry......help.... Pictures coming. The trip wasn't for pleasure so no posing.
I can alway get nice moisturized, smooth strands, when I mix: my reg DC, AVJ, honey, Roux Porosity Control conditioner EVOO and a ceramide rich oil. I then get under the steamer but if you don't have a steamer, your regular DC process will work. Don't use the Roux unless you have high porosity issues. I'm doing my post relaxer wash after 9 days and I am I'm lazy (as usual lately) and decided to DC over night with only Joico MR conditioner. Usually I do the above regimen with every DC, weekly. My ends were constantly feeling dry so if this doesn't do it, I'm going all in NEXT weekend. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Quick buddy check!

Is everyone in here buddied-up?

If anybobdy needs some buddies, please post so we can grab you! :grin:

I would do a oil treatment with a plastic cap, then moisturizing poo, with dc. Hair should bounce back

I just mixed some oils. was going to use them tomorrow didn't want a greasy pillow. I'm impatient and wanted to just see....so i used garnier frutis triple moisture conditioner....rinsed my hair applied and ladies my hair was so soft, air dried then used some hv whipped ends with aysoya oils added ( its almost gone) first time in months my hair wasn't matted and tangled. The pretty haired once a month relaxed lady uses the ganier 3 minute couldn't find it so i got the conditioner I'm in love will hunt the entire line tomorrow and hope we can start a relationship!!!

I can alway get nice moisturized, smooth strands, when I mix: my reg DC, AVJ, honey, Roux Porosity Control conditioner EVOO and a ceramide rich oil. I then get under the steamer but if you don't have a steamer, your regular DC process will work. Don't use the Roux unless you have high porosity issues. I'm doing my post relaxer wash after 9 days and I am I'm lazy (as usual lately) and decided to DC over night with only Joico MR conditioner. Usually I do the above regimen with every DC, weekly. My ends were constantly feeling dry so if this doesn't do it, I'm going all in NEXT weekend. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have a steamer i need to use. Porosity....i just don't know the water test....uggghhhh...the verdict my hair floated= lo po. But my hair likes avj and acv rinses....but the baking soda also helped. I'm going to start journaling to see what works to help me with a solid regimen.

I had been,dealing with matting and tangling. .hair webbing. Not after using the garnier triple moisture...smooth hair...easy to comb. No webbing...no tangles.

Thanks for the suggestions. I may try that too. I will let you know if i do.

I finally made it BSL!!!! :grin:

Well there are a few hairs touching my bra so I am claiming it!!!! :dance7:
I need 2 inches to MBL and 5 to WL!!! I am going in!!! I know I should have waited but this revelation got me excited :woot:...I oiled my scalp with the LQ Green magic, went over it with some MTG and got the baggy on!!! I am getting so fancy, I even took my vitamins!!! I am going to be waist length by this summer!!!! :cowgirl:

:bouncy:

0e568255-1cd1-4c64-a87b-a9d36fda5b3a_zps1dc5975f.jpg

I finally made it BSL!!!! :grin: Well there are a few hairs touching my bra so I am claiming it!!!! :dance7: I need 2 inches to MBL and 5 to WL!!! I am going in!!! I know I should have waited but this revelation got me excited :woot:...I oiled my scalp with the LQ Green magic, went over it with some MTG and got the baggy on!!! I am getting so fancy, I even took my vitamins!!! I am going to be waist length by this summer!!!! :cowgirl: :bouncy:

Congratulations!! Your hair is beautiful.

I finally made it BSL!!!! :grin: Well there are a few hairs touching my bra so I am claiming it!!!! :dance7: I need 2 inches to MBL and 5 to WL!!! I am going in!!! I know I should have waited but this revelation got me excited :woot:...I oiled my scalp with the LQ Green magic, went over it with some MTG and got the baggy on!!! I am getting so fancy, I even took my vitamins!!! I am going to be waist length by this summer!!!! :cowgirl: :bouncy:

Congratulations!! Your hair is so full and LONG!!! I agree, WL here she comes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back