2012 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Stillsaddity said:
I relaxed last weekend but I roller set so I hadn't gotten around to trimming until tonight. Here are the results

I'm not the best self trimmer but it didn't come out too bad if I do say so myself :)

You did a great job, looks fantastic!!

EbonyCPrincess

I was thinking of trying HairOne because my pockets can't afford WEN. EbonyCPrincess uses it and a lot of the products she uses on her youtube channel for her hair work for me so it might be my next purchase

mschristine I absolutely love HairOne - I've never tried WEN but I want to just to compare the two. I did try two of the "newer" cleansing conditioners and got HORRIBLE results. Ughhhhhh! Thanks for thinking of me lady!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
sunnieb said:
Cool! I went ahead and got my WEN Fig on monthly auto-deliver. I don't use any cheapy conditioners at all. Only WEN. I'm not messing around anymore. I'm ready to hit MBL next year dangit! :grin:

I got my Wen yesterday and washed, conditioned and did a twist out...it really was beautiful, soft and defined at the same time. Big hair with no frizz-even at 15 weeks post. I'm sold. I didn't do the auto-ship, I ordered from Amazon. I will order again...as needed-don't need any drama with my money. I love, love, love Wen.

mschristine

EbonyCPrincess said:
mschristine I absolutely love HairOne - I've never tried WEN but I want to just to compare the two. I did try two of the "newer" cleansing conditioners and got HORRIBLE results. Ughhhhhh! Thanks for thinking of me lady!

I saw your review on the cleansing conditioners and I was convinced to try HairOne. I bought a sample and I really love it. I think I'm going to buy a full bottle soon

sunnieb

I totally hit the "ignore" button on my hair since last Wednesday. I didn't wash, cowash, dc, nuthin! I would look at all that newgrowth and just didn't feel like dealing with it.

I did slap some moisturizer on my ends and bun, so I'm good. Tonight I clarified, moisture shampooed, and I'm doing a moisturizing dc now. Still not feeling my hair though. :ohwell:

JudithO

^I'm due to relax on Dec 21.

I need a new buddy y'all... simply because I just finally decided on my relaxing schedule..

Every 8 weeks on Friday of the week... I'm currently 1 week (+2 days) post, and my next relaxer is scheduled for Dec 21.

I expect to gain almost 1 inch with every relaxer before trim, and I'm about 1 inch from BSL.

sckri23

^I'm due to relax on Dec 21.

I need a new buddy y'all... simply because I just finally decided on my relaxing schedule..

Every 8 weeks on Friday of the week... I'm currently 1 week (+2 days) post, and my next relaxer is scheduled for Dec 21.

I expect to gain almost 1 inch with every relaxer before trim, and I'm about 1 inch from BSL.

Im using braids to stretch to 16 weeks this time, (Fresh relaxer for my new soldier!) but 12 weeks is gonna be my norm.

Im braiding tomorrow cause this wednesday was supposed to be my relaxer day, I was going to hit my 10 week mark. Now I'm jumping over all that. Btw I didn't know texlaxed hair had shrinkage o_O

Cattypus1

All loced up...
sckri23 said:
Im using braids to stretch to 16 weeks this time, (Fresh relaxer for my new soldier!) but 12 weeks is gonna be my norm.

Im braiding tomorrow cause this wednesday was supposed to be my relaxer day, I was going to hit my 10 week mark. Now I'm jumping over all that. Btw I didn't know texlaxed hair had shrinkage o_O

That's your longest stretch ever isn't it? Good for you, girl! I'm texlaxed too and it does indeed shrink just not like natural. I kind of like it though because it makes for a nice surprise when I actually straighten my hair.

sckri23

That's your longest stretch ever isn't it? Good for you, girl! I'm texlaxed too and it does indeed shrink just not like natural. I kind of like it though because it makes for a nice surprise when I actually straighten my hair.

I'm kinda scared I was supposed to relax at 10 weeks (this wednesday). Im scared when I take the braids out my hair will fall out like leaves in fall.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Random photo opp presented itself so here goes....

Left side braid swooped around to the right side and pinned down. Accessorized with flexi clip. Easy style. I can do this at night. Scarf overnight. No fooling/messing with hair in the a.m. I can get at least 2 days out of this style. If I am careful, I can get about 3 days. I love styles that last for more than one day. It's cooling off tremendously here so this will be one of my staple styles.

Carmelella

divachyk said:

Left side braid swooped around to the right side and pinned down. Accessorized with flexi clip. Easy style. I can do this at night. Scarf overnight. No fooling/messing with hair in the a.m. I can get at least 2 days out of this style. If I am careful, I can get about 3 days. I love styles that last for more than one day. It's cooling off tremendously here so this will be one of my staple styles.

Ooo! Shiny thick and luscious!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
divachyk said:

So pretty. Your hair is gorgeous! Totally stealing the swooped braid when I have enough hair to do so!

divachyk

Ooo! Shiny thick and luscious!

So pretty. Your hair is gorgeous! Totally stealing the swooped braid when I have enough hair to do so!

divachyk you make protective styling look easy! Love the swooped braid lady

Thank you Carmelella, Cattypus1 and bebezazueta!

Bebe, I see you working that length in your siggy! Looks great! Have you cut all the layers out yet or are you still working on it? Between your hair / body transformation, you're gonna make you dh re-marry you all over again. :grin:

EnExitStageLeft

What problems are you having?
The problem is more me then it is my hair.......IMMMMM SUPER LAZY!

Please post your stats so your buddy can find you:
I am Texlax, I have fine strands, high density (Its thick in these chemically processed kinks :)) and doing a 12 maybe 14 week stretch.

How many weeks post are you right now?
8 Weeks

Anyone want to be my buddy:spinning:

baddison

natural for good

:thud: :thud:

:drool: :drool:.....nuf said!!!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
divachyk said:

Very Cute!! Can you give step-by-step instructions on how to do this?

divachyk

^^^You ladies make my day! Thanks for compliments.

KiWiStyle
Comb all your hair to left like you are planning to make a left side pony at the nape. Separate hair in 3 equal sections and braid hair. When you are done, you should have one braid hanging on the left of your head. I secure the end of the braid with a tiny, black rubber band.

Grab the tail and swing it around to right side of your head*** and pin it down with hair pins. Accessorize. Done.

****I try to tuck my ends away as much as possible so my ends are folded under first then I pin hair down.

Hope that made sense. If not, let me know.

bebezazueta

divachyk said:
Thank you Carmelella, Cattypus1 and bebezazueta!

Bebe, I see you working that length in your siggy! Looks great! Have you cut all the layers out yet or are you still working on it? Between your hair / body transformation, you're gonna make you dh re-marry you all over again. :grin:

LOL! divachyk layers almost gone about 2 inches left I'll be cutting next month. Thanks lady & YES hubby acts like he just saw me for the first time everyday. Lets just say I'm enjoying being spoiled! God is good!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
divachyk said:
^^^You ladies make my day! Thanks for compliments.

KiWiStyle
Comb all your hair to left like you are planning to make a left side pony at the nape. Separate hair in 3 equal sections and braid hair. When you are done, you should have one braid hanging on the left of your head. I secure the end of the braid with a tiny, black rubber band.

Grab the tail and swing it around to right side of your head*** and pin it down with hair pins. Accessorize. Done.

****I try to tuck my ends away as much as possible so my ends are folded under first then I pin hair down.

Hope that made sense. If not, let me know.

Thanks divachyk, that makes perfect sense :)

sunnieb

baddison - how ya doin? I've been lazy again, but my hair is fine. I think the Wen Fig is really helping me through this stretch. My hair stays moist longer and I don't have an urgent need to cowash every other day if I dont feel like it.

Im about to go clarify/shampoo and dc with Nexxus Humectress. I watch tv on Sunday nights, so I'll let the dc sit for two hours and then rinse.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

baddison

natural for good
@baddison - how ya doin? I've been lazy again, but my hair is fine. I think the Wen Fig is really helping me through this stretch. My hair stays moist longer and I don't have an urgent need to cowash every other day if I dont feel like it.

Im about to go clarify/shampoo and dc with Nexxus Humectress. I watch tv on Sunday nights, so I'll let the dc sit for two hours and then rinse.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

sunnieb - WHEW!!! Girl this stretch ain't no joke!! Between Hairfinity and Mineral Rich, my new growth is tryna flex some muscle. But I know how to still that "savage beast" ....LOL!! Cowashing and bunning!! Thats it. Just did my monthly henna yesterday, and it really helps with shedding and strengthening the hair. My cruise is coming up, and I'm just gonna self-install some braid extensions for that week. Looking forward to some nice year-end results. Pushing for full BSL by June 2013!! :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.