2011 Ceramides Challenge

Nasdaq_Diva -- what oil did you replace WGO with in the leave-in?
I've never sealed with hemp...always DC with it though. Think I will seal with hemp tonight! :yep:

Last night I moisturize my hair coconut milk/applied poppy seed oil on the length/sealed the ends with rice bran ...

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm sitting here with my wgo/hemp mix on dry hair under a plastic cap. Going to get my hair pressed and a much needed trim later today.

@Nasdaq_Diva -- what oil did you replace WGO with in the leave-in?
I've never sealed with hemp...always DC with it though. Think I will seal with hemp tonight! :yep:

@divachyk, :wave:

I didn't replace the WGO in the leave in mix. Usually I use castor + WGO in my kimmay mix. Last night, instead of castor, I used Jojoba +WGO. On it's own, jojoba doesn't do much of anything to my hair.

I have been using a dab of grapeseed all week - yesterday I did a prepoo with castor oil and grapeseed mix - hair is feeling stronger since the usage of ceremides the past month - I hope to see and end to splits and small hairs on my sink. Also hair is very moisturized.

DC'd with Hempz Color Preserve Conditioner (contains Hemp oil and extracts). I found it at TJ Maxx and I used it for the first time today. I like it! My hair feels very soft and moisturized. I sealed with hemp oil as well.

I have been using a dab of grapeseed all week - yesterday I did a prepoo with castor oil and grapeseed mix - hair is feeling stronger since the usage of ceremides the past month - I hope to see and end to splits and small hairs on my sink. Also hair is very moisturized.

kaykaybobay you are right about ceramides making your hair stronger...I have very little hair fall now...And sense I added the rice bran/poppy seed its getting fuller...(Trying to figure out which one is making it feel/look fuller...lol

*I still use JBCO but it seemed like adding (rice bran/poppy seed) to the mix kick it up......

Happy Hair Growing!

So after looking at Sareca's op in the oil rinses thread I realized she was oiling on wet hair. I didn't feel like getting in & out of the shower more than once today so I dampened my hair with a spray bottle, oiled my hair with grapeseed oil, put on a plastic cap for two hours, rinsed then cowashed with Mozeke's Avocado Cleansing cream. Results . My hair is soft and with very defined coils & curls.

Will be oiling my scalp in a bit with Claudie's Scalp Elixir.

So, I got my new oils the other day so now I'm using a mix of rice bran, hemp seed, grapeseed, safflower, and kukui nut oils. I added some JBCO, too, just cuz I love it. I'll use this mix as a prepoo.

I'm going to pre poo with Vatika Frosting mixed with Kukui and Safflower oil. I'll then DC with my Biolage Hydratherapie Cera Repair then add my L'Occitane mask.

Last night I oiled rinsed my bang using poppy seed/Komaza leave-in/sealed with jojoba,rice bran mix...Fluffy,soft,shinny bang....

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita I'm scared to oil rinse! Lol how was it?

Oh and I moisturized with a mix of safflower oil,glycerin,and conditioner of some kind i think it was a mix of just about everything in my hair pantry :grin:

If hemp is to remain refrigerated, what impact does mail ordering have on the quality/freshness? I'm looking to place a vitacost order but know the oil will not keep cool in transit. Just curious.

If hemp is to remain refrigerated, what impact does mail ordering have on the quality/freshness? I'm looking to place a vitacost order but know the oil will not keep cool in transit. Just curious.

The Hemp Oil does not need to be in the fridge until it has been opened. I purchased some Hemp Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs and it was fine in transit. :yep:

BTW your hair is beautiful. :love:

I mixed hempseed oil into my trader joe's conditoner. I like so far. I think i might add some to my pre poo but i was wondering if that would be over load.

@Lita I'm scared to oil rinse! Lol how was it?

Oh and I moisturized with a mix of safflower oil,glycerin,and conditioner of some kind i think it was a mix of just about everything in my hair pantry :grin:

QueenFee It was good (the oil rinse)..But,it was only on my bang..I still like to pre poo & now I'm back into hot oils...So its good to mix things up...

How did your safflower conditioner mix turn out?

Happy Hair Growing!

Last night I DC my bang using Nexxus DC mask in the jar (ceramides in it) used a leave-in,applied essential nutrients oil to my scalp,sealed with rice bran/jojoba mix...My bang feels like it belongs to some-one else..in a good way...NOT 1 STRAND OF HAIR CAME OUT!

Essential Nutrients Oil ingredients-Ceramides,Olive oil,Coconut oil,Vit A,B & E...You apply it to the scalp 1-2x's a week/It comes in small tubes.....Optimum Care Ceramide treatment for dry scalp.....*Cons it has a strong perfume scent...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Last night I DC my bang using Nexxus DC mask in the jar (ceramides in it) used a leave-in,applied essential nutrients oil to my scalp,sealed with rice bran/jojoba mix...My bang feels like it belongs to some-one else..in a good way...

Essential Nutrients ingredients-Ceramides,Olive oil,Coconut oil,Vit A,B & E...You apply it to the scalp 1-2x's a week.....

What's this? You always find the best stuff :lol:

texasbeautysupplycom_2145_206184382

I was looking at this last time too :lol: Thanks Lita!

Sealed my hair with grapeseed oil last night. Sealed this morning with Komaza Moku Serum.

Komaza's Moku Oil has sunflower oil and kukui oil in it. I just purchased it yesterday. I will let you know how it works.

Just did a co-wash with Hempz Color Preserve Conditioner! Very creamy left my hair so soft and full of shine. Gonna apply my usual leave ins (w/ WGO) and seal with Hemp Seed oil

After DCing, I used GVP version of Anti-Snap. Just as good as the original IMHO, so that's $15 that Redken won't be getting out of me haha. Sealed with grapeseed oil.

Back