2011 Ceramides Challenge

This is so interesting, I have grapeseed oil at home but just a few questions for yall

1) i notice most of you all are relaxed, will this work on natural hair?

2) for lack of a better phrase, i have just started "heat training" my hair, will too much oil-prep fry my hair?

This is so interesting, I have grapeseed oil at home but just a few questions for yall

1) i notice most of you all are relaxed, will this work on natural hair?

2) for lack of a better phrase, i have just started "heat training" my hair, will too much oil-prep fry my hair?

Hey Nappy_in_the_City :) ceramides can benefit everyone :yep: there are lots of naturals who have reported improved softness and improved managability.

If you are concerned about oil residue, then maybe you can try a pre-poo treatment; that way there shouldn't be any oil residue when you flat iron. But I'm not an expert, I'm sure the lovely ladies in here will chime in :yep:

Research? Publishing? Count me in! (PM me)

I've been really wanting to research this more extensively because it's super-interesting! So I just look up info whenever I remember/have time. I'm grateful to Aireen for re-kindling my curiosity. I'm interested in the improvement of both skin and hair with the aid of ceramides. And I'm beginning to realize that increasing ceramide production internally might as important as topical application. So I've been reading about that. Hope to report back soon!

I'm so glad we have a resident chemist :brainy: IA with the bolded :yep:

Last night I did a HOT with grapeseed oil. First with a plastic cap for 2 hours then I got under the steamer with it. I left it in and did an overnight dc with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque to which I had already added gleau oil . My hair feels like butter today. I will oil again with grapeseed tonight, rinse in the morning, followed by a cowash. I will also be using Claudie's Elixir and doing a scalp massage tonight

So I'm in the testing phase of Mizani's H2O creme. I only use a small amount every couple of nights. I like it so far. - I use a few drops of my oil mix after.

I also like Alterna's Caviar Night treatment. I've stopped using it while I'm trying out the H20

Both have ceramides.

OP, how do you apply your hemp, olive and castor oil mix?

I use it twice a day. Once in the morning after I've cowashed and applied my HE LTR leave-in, and the second time is at night after I apply a little Aussie Moist to my hair, I'll seal with the oil and then baggy until the morning.

Tonight poo, dc and applied ceramide mix (walnut,grapeseed,almond,sesame,salflower,sunflower,wgo).

Hot oil treatment on my bang/Dc/Rinsed with TW/BF leave-in/Sealed with Meadowform,Jojoba mix...(Just the bang)...

*Mega Care (Oil Treatment) Ingredients-sweet almond oil,lemon oil,wheat germ,grape seed,jojoba,vit e & rosemary extract...(very smooth application/rinsed well too) bang feels great....ITS A KEEPER!

*My hair 100% NATURAL....

Happy Hair Growing!

Is it too late to join???
What ceremide oil/products will you be using?
I just started using grapeseed oil, jbco, almond oil

How would you be using them?
Oil rinses, sealing and daily maintenance

How often will you use them
Grapeseed-every other day on shaft of hair, jbco-leave in conditioner and deep conditioning, almond-as needeed on edges

Mid-week check in: I've rinsed my loose hair with water only (no detangling), used KimmayTube's leave-in and AfroVeda's cocolatta to twist my hair. After let my hair air dry for about an hour, I re-twisted on damp hair using AfroVeda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter.

I'm trying something new with this waiting until my hair is damp. So far I've had great results this week.

sooooo my wheatgerm oil is officially finished i drained the bottles over the last few days like a crack head:look::lachen:

washed my hair and yup the frizz/slightly rough feel to the hair is back:nono: lesson learned i will never be without it:naughty:

LOL it's on mine too...

@Ltown, what's the consistency of walnut oil? Is it light like grapeseed? Have you ever used it alone?

It is light like grapeseed, and even with all them oils together its a light oil mixtures. TJ max has a good collection of oils in the can and that where I got walnut, almond, and grapeseed. Sometime you can catch avacodo there too.

Still sealing daily with ceramide blend. Makes retwisting between wash days a pain, but its worth it.
:yep:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Put grapeseed oil on my dry hair this morning to brush it into a pony tail and my hair was softened... was that real or is that just me?

Ladies that have been using predominantly oils, please elaborate on your results/progress! Thanks.

I've not been using my L'Occitane Repairing Shine Mask recently but when I look at the ingredients it contains a couple of ceramide oils. This is one of my better/super performing hair treatments, now I can see why. I need to start using it again! :yep:

LOL it's on mine too...

@Ltown, what's the consistency of walnut oil? Is it light like grapeseed? Have you ever used it alone?

Walnut oil is soooooooooo good.

I relaxed on Wednesday. I coated my scalp & strands with Hemp and added about 2 -3 tablespoons of Walnut Oil to the relaxer. My hair was so soft after the relaxer. I've also been mosturizing and sealing with rice bran oil.

I :heart2:ceramides.

Using AO's White Camellia as a dc with sunflower oil in my ends has equaled very happy hair! Sealing with grapeseed and safflower oil has worked out very nicely too, I just need to be heavy handed.

The grapeseed oil and AO called out to me so I guess I'm in the challenge now. AO is not very slippy for me so I'll thin it out with some olive oil in hopes that that'll make detangling with it easier.

What ceremide oil/products will you be using?
Grapeseed oil
AO HSR conditioner
AO GPB clycogen protein conditioner

How would you be using them?
AO HSR as my moisture dc
AO GPB as my protein dc
Grapeseed oil to seal ends

How often will you use them
The protein conditioner is for between cowashes for my bun reggie
The moisture conditioner is between retwists, henna, and curly out styles
Grapeseed oil is nightly/daily on my hair

I must say hemp seed oil brings :bling: shine! I love it!

Applied my leave in (Kimmay w/ WGO) along with my Hemp seed yesterday. Tonight I got bored so I decided to reapply the leave in. My hair is feeling great!

sooooo im making my hair list:look:....can you gals chime in for those that like a thicker oil besides wgo what is there:cheers:

Back