2010 OCT/MegaTek Challenge (July 31 - Dec 31)

Yesterday was a very busy hair day for me. First I did a henna treatment with Rainbow Henna (from Whole Foods)...as I was putting it in, I remembered why I didn't like it much the first time around. It's too dang gritty! UGH!:wallbash:

Next I did two shampoos with my Taliah Waajid Black shampoo, and then for the third wash I broke out the OCT shampoo. I wasn't very impressed.:nono: The smell is divine, but my hair was a bit tangled. This could have been because of that darn henna. Next I applied the OCT cream rinse and sat under the steamer for 45 mins.:lick:

I rinsed that out and then applied Hello Hydration condish (for slip and detangling). I used my dbl detangler comb and then put my hair in two plaits and took my tired tail to bed, wet head and all.

This morning when I woke up, I mixed the cell therapy with coconut oil in an applicator and applied it to my scalp. Next I used some Jheri Juice and threw my hair into a semblance of a bun. SHEESH!

I-AM-TIRED.:look:

Oh yeah..I forgot to mention that the OCT smells absolutely DIVINE!:lick:

Here is an aerial view of that thin spot that motivated me to start this challenge:

picture.php

This is my little bun from yesterday. I think it turned out pretty cute:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Closer posted the following earlier in the thread:

Horseloverz.com has MT on sale for $22 a bottle.

I purchased mine from Amazon for $29 (this was before I found out about Horseloverz.com)

That bun is cute and u hardly notice the thinning area CoCo

Thanks Ijanei! You know we are our own worse critics. :grin:

I do have one spot on the left side of my head where a small area broke off. I discovered this baby yesterday. Looks like it broke clean off. The broken hair is about 5" long.:nono:

It's a good thing I have a lot of hair to cover over it.

So this is my first post.. going to make it an important one lol.

so this is going to be my first challenge and the first time that I will REALLY start taking care of my hair. I read this entire thread and I did some research on the products and I am definitely joining this challenge. I will post my start up pic before the 31st. Going to order the products Wednesday, I am very excited about this! :spinning:

oooo except a lot of newbie questions from me because I still have a lot to learn.. ooo and how do I figure out my hair type?

Hello I would like to join I have all three OCT , MTG and Mt and been using for a while I will only be using Mt and MTG , with JBCO and olive oil . I tried Mt and OCT before not much result , But I had some problems growing my hair. I am trying it now with my hair in tree braids only on scalp , I wash once a week AND I moisturize with wave Nouveau daily. My staring pictue in my signature. Thanks

so this is going to be my first challenge and the first time that I will REALLY start taking care of my hair. I read this entire thread and I did some research on the products and I am definitely joining this challenge. I will post my start up pic before the 31st. Going to order the products Wednesday, I am very excited about this! :spinning:

oooo except a lot of newbie questions from me because I still have a lot to learn.. ooo and how do I figure out my hair type?

Welcome to the board and to the challenge!:grin: Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. Now let's see...

You might like to check out naturallycurly.com for your hair typing. If I remember correctly hairrules.com has hair typing too.

Sooo....
I got my MT a couple days ago, and last night was the second time applying it (hopes this doesn't count as cheating cuz of the challenge official start date...I couldn't wait!) but OMG.

My hair is scaring me. I'm two months post relaxer, and I already had a substantial amount of new growth...nothing to do flips over...and now it's a FOREST! I mean, I almost don't want to believe that my hair grew like that overnight. I still don't believe it. You couldn't even tell that my hairline had NG, and now that's all you see.

But, I digress...I still don't believe that's my hair growing like that. I just don't. :perplexed

aww welcome :yep:
soooo just curious why you didnt do a "newbie post" :lachen:

MzCoCo you're right, we are our worst critic....I would love to have ur hair though, we can trade if u want, just cut urs and I will rock it as a weave

Yay I'm not the only newbie (I think)!
For your hair type, for me I just googled it, like "hair types; black hair types" or something like that lol. And you'll get all kinds of pics and descriptions.

Sooo....
I got my MT a couple days ago, and last night was the second time applying it (hopes this doesn't count as cheating cuz of the challenge official start date...I couldn't wait!) but OMG.

My hair is scaring me. I'm two months post relaxer, and I already had a substantial amount of new growth...nothing to do flips over...and now it's a FOREST! I mean, I almost don't want to believe that my hair grew like that overnight. I still don't believe it. You couldn't even tell that my hairline had NG, and now that's all you see.

But, I digress...I still don't believe that's my hair growing like that. I just don't. :perplexed

wt...? wow that's great and I also started early, sorry CoCo, I was just curious

aww welcome :yep:
soooo just curious why you didnt do a "newbie post" :lachen:

MzCoCo you're right, we are our worst critic....I would love to have ur hair though, we can trade if u want, just cut urs and I will rock it as a weave

lol I just paid for my subscription. only been like 30 mins..but I will thanks for reminding me.

thank you so much for the tip. So I think that my natural hair is 3c because I went without relaxing for 9 months and it looked just like the pics and description of type 3c hair. so I am pretty sure I am that.

Yay I'm not the only newbie (I think)!
For your hair type, for me I just googled it, like "hair types; black hair types" or something like that lol. And you'll get all kinds of pics and descriptions.

lol yeah I am happy to see that I am not alone as well. your also my first friend. I am so happy to be doing this because my hair has always been between mid-neck and shoulder length thanks to my family. Since I was little they would just bring me to the hair salon and my hair was always relaxed every 3 months, I had no say so what so ever. I guess that with my family being Dominican and all they just been doing this forever, basically every one relaxes their hair, but I plan on changing that. :yep:

:lachen:Gurl, be careful what you ask for. This hair of mine is a BEAST to tame!:whip:

You saw that I couldn't even finish my hair last night. My hair bout wore me out!:lachen:

Count me in. I received mine yesterday. I don't know what I will mix with it yet though. I will post a pic at the end of this week of my freshly shampooed 12 weeks post hair.

Sooo....

No you're not cheating. We can call it a "test run":grin:

As far as seeing growth so quickly, I guess anything is possible. A girl could hope at least!:grin:

Poopiedo Im sure u will find something to mix it with...I just bunched most of my products into one, ie: coconut oil, tee tree oil, mn, herbal indian oil, and profectiv lotion to cover my ends

Save me time actually and it smells so good

No you're not cheating. We can call it a "test run":grin:

As far as seeing growth so quickly, I guess anything is possible. A girl could hope at least!:grin:

"Test run"... I like that! lol now I don't feel so bad!

I'm trying not to blow it out of proportion or "see what I want to see" but it just seems like that hair wasn't there a few days ago. I think my temple bald spots are filling in too. I don't know what to think!

lol yeah I am happy to see that I am not alone as well. your also my first friend. I am so happy to be doing this because my hair has always been between mid-neck and shoulder length thanks to my family. Since I was little they would just bring me to the hair salon and my hair was always relaxed every 3 months, I had no say so what so ever. I guess that with my family being Dominican and all they just been doing this forever, basically every one relaxes their hair, but I plan on changing that. :yep:
Glad to be your first friend! :grin: Girl I feel ya on the hair. For the longest time, I've been between NL and SL. Never progressing. My longest hair was when i was about 3/4 years old when it was past my shoulders. And that hair has never been seen again! But now there's hope. There's all kinds of tricks and tips that you can learn all over this site that can help you retain length and grow your hair.

I may be a newbie to the site, but I've learned a few tricks and regimens that helped me retain my length over the past few months before joining, and it's actually getting longer. That's why I'm all over this challenge!

"Test run"... I like that! lol now I don't feel so bad!

I'm trying not to blow it out of proportion or "see what I want to see" but it just seems like that hair wasn't there a few days ago. I think my temple bald spots are filling in too. I don't know what to think!

Girl, just keep right on doing what you're doing. Time will definitely tell. I will say you're getting me all kinds of excited! There just may be hope for my little thin, broken areas.:yep:

I'm joining. I'm a natural 3c - 4a. I'll post starting pics when I dye my hair this weekend.

I'm going to mix OCT/MT without any oils. I did this once before and my hair LOVED IT! My hair grew very quickly, but I washed my hair more and moisturized with S-CURL EVERYDAY!

I'm joining. I'm a natural 3c - 4a. I'll post starting pics when I dye my hair this weekend.

I'm going to mix OCT/MT without any oils. I did this once before and my hair LOVED IT! My hair grew very quickly, but I washed my hair more and moisturized with S-CURL EVERYDAY!

Now you have me wanting to mix my OCT/MT...:look::gorgeous:

Changed: I'm joining. I'm a natural 3c - 4a. I'll post starting pics when I dye my hair this weekend.

Now you have me wanting to mix my OCT/MT...:look::gorgeous:

now u both make me want to try this OCT with the megatek...but I already have the MN so I don't wanna push it and end up with no hair :ohwell:

now u both make me want to try this OCT with the megatek...but I already have the MN so I don't wanna push it and end up with no hair :ohwell:

Yeah...we don't want you having any setbacks with OCT/MT/MN overkill.:grin: (You sound like me.) Although tempted, I'm going to try my best to stick with the OCT for at least a month to see if it's worth it.

But I would be lying if I said the MT wasn't calling my name last night.:look:

Hi there,
I am joining. What are the rules ? (like how many times per week should we use the product?). I will be using Mega Tek.

Back